Cornstarch in Soap?

Bunny

Ok.. I'm bored.. But I'm making my first batch of soap since the storm!

I drug most of my soap stuff home, and realized I forgot any form of colorant and additives.. So, I looking through my pantry I found some cornstarch. Now, I know it feels good in body butters, maybe it'll leave a silky feeling in soap? How crazy! Maybe? Tossed it in a 1 T ppo, will see in a day or two!

Hmmm... Wonder what else is in the pantry that can be soaped!

Sure do! And cocoa powder, and pumpkin puree, and rosemary, and parsley.. Just couldn't see how any of those could go with frosted wine berry..lol

Used food coloring...lol Out of the neon pack by schlling(sp)! Blue #1 it said, and I know that turns purple in CP! Now lets see if it fades out!

I've heard of potato water and rice water for a silky effect, just never the cornstarch. I was hoping I was one of the first, but I guess with a zillion soapmakers out there...lol

I use corn starch in my soap. I got the idea because I was looking at a web site one day of home made cp soap and she listed all her ingredients and that was on her list of every soap. For all I know she could have been dusting them with it LOL anyway, I tried it and I really like the feel.

Carrie.. I was going absolutely nuts! I feel whole again!

Aileen.. I love that post.. Just love it!

Soapermom.. The food colorants usually don't work in CP, the lye eats them.. So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

I've only tried the pumpkin, 1/2 a can for a 3 lb batch.. That was in July, and it's still freakin fantastic! Creamy dreamy! Was told that as long as it's pureed and completely blended in - no chunks, that as long as you don't put too much it'll be ok. I keep meaning to try cucumber, but hubby eats them before I get a chance to soap them! All I have now is tomatos and cantelopes.. lol

I've only tried the pumpkin, 1/2 a can for a 3 lb batch.. That was in July, and it's still freakin fantastic! Creamy dreamy! Was told that as long as it's pureed and completely blended in - no chunks, that as long as you don't put too much it'll be ok. I keep meaning to try cucumber, but hubby eats them before I get a chance to soap them! All I have now is tomatos and cantelopes.. lol

the only veggie I have soaped is cucumber,(cucumber+green tea) I even "zest" the peel, and suspend in within the soap to. has a nice affect.