Mystical Winter forest FOs? I want my house to smell like a fairy forest

Darbla

This is for after Christmas, after I'm exhausted of all the cloves & oranges & wassail scents.  I want it to smell like where elves and unicorns and Santa Claus and all those guys live.  Preferably from WSP because they're generally my favorite supplier, but I'm open to any suggestions.  Blends too, that you've come across or invented that give that ambiance.  So what are your picks for mystical, magical Winter woods?

• Like 1

For me a forest scent is an evergreen, pine, balsam, fir, or Christmas Tree type scent. I would mix it with a nice strong berry scent like blackberry or blackberry sage. Maybe some cranberry, strawberry too. I don't think of bakery or food type scents for what you are looking for. Just a nice woodsy, forest scent mixed with sweet berries. Keeping it simple will bring out the notes better.

• Like 1

@Candybee along that train of thought, I often will make votives in different scents, then burn one in different areas of the room.  So you get the combined whole at times, but also the whiffs of the individual scents too, depending on how air currents are flowing.  So I was thinking of making some Sugared Spruce, and then a couple others in cedar, pine, whatever.  I like your idea of adding a berry but would love to find elderberry.  If I can't find that, I may add one blackberry one somewhere in the room and then a couple of those evergreen types.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbla said:

@Candybee along that train of thought, I often will make votives in different scents, then burn one in different areas of the room.  So you get the combined whole at times, but also the whiffs of the individual scents too, depending on how air currents are flowing.  So I was thinking of making some Sugared Spruce, and then a couple others in cedar, pine, whatever.  I like your idea of adding a berry but would love to find elderberry.  If I can't find that, I may add one blackberry one somewhere in the room and then a couple of those evergreen types.

I love burning votives to scent a room. I remember sometimes I would do like you and burn more than one different scent at a time to mix notes in the air. Lovely!!!

I thought of blackberry and blackberry sage because there is just something about it that seems to fit right in with magic, whimsy, forest fairies, etc. 

I once received a lovely pillar candle at a Christmas party. It had 3 different berry scents as it burned down the scent would change for each berry; cranberry, black cherry, and lastly blackberry. I just remember how much I loved how the berry scent would melt into another get 'darker' if you will. By the time it got to the blackberry it just smelled so enchanting.  I guess its just my experience with the berry candle that made me think of what could be part of your fairy forest blend.

Maybe starting out with a lovely everygreen; spruce, pine, balsam, fir, etc. you like, mellowed with a nice fragrant cedar, sandalwood, or other soft wood note, with a lovely berry or berry combo note(s) rounding it out.

Maybe just find the votives in the scents you think of when you think of the forest fairies and burn them. Should help you fine tune and select the blend you want. Should be fun too! Now you got me thinking of it!!