Melt points & shipping: Wax melts/Tarts

LilFirecracker

I love this! It's so relaxing to me, even though it can get frustrating at times. Along with the leftovers of 4794 I have, I also just received last Friday 4625, 4630, and 4633. I've listed every possible combination of these 4, along with the different percentage combos (by the 10s and 25s, I'll deal with 5s later if needed when I start narrowing down.)

My dilemma is that I plan to sell once I perfect my melt, and I want to try to keep the MP low enough so those with the low-temp (*cough* Scentsy) warmers won't have any trouble with melting mine. I also plan on doing online sales, which will be my main focus in the beginning. I'm worried about shipping in the hot months. Originally I planned on just offering tiny 1/2 inch melts from molds I bought. I'm pretty sure that those packaged in the poly bags will melt if left in the heat for a while. I thought about also offering clamshells, thinking that might be a better way to contain the wax if it gets hot. The small ones packaged together would most likely get stuck together in a blob. Anyone have experience with lower MP wax in clamshells and how they hold up shipping in the hot months? I live in Louisiana, so a good half of the year is hot, sticky, and gross! 

If anyone has any ideas, anything at all....I'd love to hear them!! ❤️

Im not a 100% sure about this but i think there are some type if  cool packs you can ship with the melts. I have read that some people dont ship at the end of the week so wax products are not  sitting around in shipment. Hope this can be a starting point for you.

On 10/28/2021 at 7:36 AM, Karen Ov said:

Im not a 100% sure about this but i think there are some type if  cool packs you can ship with the melts. I have read that some people dont ship at the end of the week so wax products are not  sitting around in shipment. Hope this can be a starting point for you.

Thank you for responding, Karen! I did hear about the packs, but definitely not cost effective unless it's a big order. I've been considering the Mon-Tues shipping, so far that's where it's at. Of course that's a long time from now. I just like to brainstorm ahead of time and take notes of different options. I'd like to run a little experiment just to see how they hold up, but since winter is coming...too late! 😂

In all honesty work on your formula with structurant or different wax blends versus relying on ice packs.
Sometimes The mail languishes in hot trucks in hot/humid areas for many days even beyond a week. There’s no way ice packs will work that long. Plus ice packs can lead to dripping and condensation.

I tried at first. I also tried freezing packing peanuts. The only solution that reliably worked for hot craft shows and mail order was a better wax blend. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, TallTayl said:

In all honesty work on your formula with structurant or different wax blends versus relying on ice packs.
Sometimes The mail languishes in hot trucks in hot/humid areas for many days even beyond a week. There’s no way ice packs will work that long. Plus ice packs can lead to dripping and condensation.

I tried at first. I also tried freezing packing peanuts. The only solution that reliably worked for hot craft shows and mail order was a better wax blend. 

I totally get that.... Ice packs isn't an option. When the time comes and I do get ready for it, I'll a couple of test shipments and go from there. Still plenty of time - just thinking ahead! 😃