Sugared Apple FO

VELMA21

Anybody have a good supplier for Sugared Apple? I absolutely refuse to do business with Maple Street anymore. The only scent of theirs that I haven’t found a replacement for is Sugared Apple. Any suggestions?

Edited by VELMA21

2 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

I love maple street candle, can I ask what changed your mind about them. Thanks.

A very good friend of mine reached out to their customer service after not receiving a few of the samples she ordered during the sample sale at the end of June. Customer service got extremely irate with her, to the point of calling her names and threatening her. She never once got out of line with this person, but they went all out on her. The bad part is, they didn’t even try to help her either. Just deleted her account, and left it at that. This order was well over $200, and she was missing around 10 samples. She had no way to contact them since they deleted her account, so she had to file a dispute with PayPal. The verbal tirade got so bad on there, she had to escalate it to PayPal so they could no longer talk to her. I have never had that experience with them before, but never had to use customer service either. I’ve been candle making for 20 plus years now, and have never seen a supplier get so nasty over a simple inquiry. And they were even in the wrong, because they admitted to PayPal they forgot to send the samples! When she showed me the screenshots, I was blown away by how downright nasty this person was to her. For no reason whatsoever, after a polite inquiry. I don’t do business with abusers, and I am scared to know how they treat their employees! Their fragrances are good, but they are hardly unique IMO. It took me less than a minute to find comparable, if not better, replacements for my sellers by them. Just this one I haven’t looked around much for. Hopefully you never need customer service, or if you do; I hope you don’t get “Sam” 

3 hours ago, VELMA21 said:

A very good friend of mine reached out to their customer service after not receiving a few of the samples she ordered during the sample sale at the end of June. Customer service got extremely irate with her, to the point of calling her names and threatening her. She never once got out of line with this person, but they went all out on her. The bad part is, they didn’t even try to help her either. Just deleted her account, and left it at that. This order was well over $200, and she was missing around 10 samples. She had no way to contact them since they deleted her account, so she had to file a dispute with PayPal. The verbal tirade got so bad on there, she had to escalate it to PayPal so they could no longer talk to her. I have never had that experience with them before, but never had to use customer service either. I’ve been candle making for 20 plus years now, and have never seen a supplier get so nasty over a simple inquiry. And they were even in the wrong, because they admitted to PayPal they forgot to send the samples! When she showed me the screenshots, I was blown away by how downright nasty this person was to her. For no reason whatsoever, after a polite inquiry. I don’t do business with abusers, and I am scared to know how they treat their employees! Their fragrances are good, but they are hardly unique IMO. It took me less than a minute to find comparable, if not better, replacements for my sellers by them. Just this one I haven’t looked around much for. Hopefully you never need customer service, or if you do; I hope you don’t get “Sam” 

Thats to bad. It stinks when you have a problem like that. No company should treat customers that way, they should be happy and grateful for every customer. Their fragrance smell good and yes can find those scents anywhere. I like them because they have sezzle so when placing an order it can be split up with 4 payments so it doesn't hurt so bad lol. New york scents has sezzle also, the only 2 I could find. Well thanks for sharing. 💖 I hope i don't need customer service. 😪

Natures Fragrance has sugared apple. I would think it's every bit as good as MS. I haven't received an oil from NF that wasn't a good one. 

I quit ordering from Maple Street a few years ago but then placed a small order with them recently after seeing a couple of dupes they had that I hadn't seen anywhere else and wanted to try. After reading this about what happened to your friend I won't be ordering from them anymore. That's just entirely uncalled for and their oils are nothing special.

4 hours ago, Karen Ov said:

Thats to bad. It stinks when you have a problem like that. No company should treat customers that way, they should be happy and grateful for every customer. Their fragrance smell good and yes can find those scents anywhere. I like them because they have sezzle so when placing an order it can be split up with 4 payments so it doesn't hurt so bad lol. New york scents has sezzle also, the only 2 I could find. Well thanks for sharing. 💖 I hope i don't need customer service. 😪

I know, it’s really unfortunate because they were always fast and simple to order from. I told her they were probably super stressed out after their sample sale lol! I know I shouldn’t be like that, because they’ve never done anything personally to me. I just can’t get over how downright ugly they were to her. It’s actually really alarming some of the things that were said, especially on PayPal because PayPal can see all of that. And I love Sezzle too! Do you have PayPal? Start using the PayPal pay in 4! It’s basically the same as sezzle, and you can use it almost anywhere! I buy from WSP and Nature’s Garden with it too. I did use it for Maple Street and New York Scent even. You can use it a ton of places, so check it out for sure! Oh, and I definitely highly recommend the Sugared Apple from Maple Street! It is so good, and customers love it! 

13 hours ago, VELMA21 said:

I know, it’s really unfortunate because they were always fast and simple to order from. I told her they were probably super stressed out after their sample sale lol! I know I shouldn’t be like that, because they’ve never done anything personally to me. I just can’t get over how downright ugly they were to her. It’s actually really alarming some of the things that were said, especially on PayPal because PayPal can see all of that. And I love Sezzle too! Do you have PayPal? Start using the PayPal pay in 4! It’s basically the same as sezzle, and you can use it almost anywhere! I buy from WSP and Nature’s Garden with it too. I did use it for Maple Street and New York Scent even. You can use it a ton of places, so check it out for sure! Oh, and I definitely highly recommend the Sugared Apple from Maple Street! It is so good, and customers love it! 

Let's hope that person got fired. I have paypal but never ever realized they have it for 4 payments. This is exciting lol definitely going to use that.  And going to check out the sugared apple. Sounds really good.. Ty 💐 

1 hour ago, Karen Ov said:

Let's hope that person got fired. I have paypal but never ever realized they have it for 4 payments. This is exciting lol definitely going to use that.  And going to check out the sugared apple. Sounds really good.. Ty 💐 

Careful, pretty soon you’ll have several pay in 4 plans open like I do LOL!!!! 

On 8/6/2021 at 3:13 PM, Belinda said:

Natures Fragrance has sugared apple. I would think it's every bit as good as MS. I haven't received an oil from NF that wasn't a good one. 

I quit ordering from Maple Street a few years ago but then placed a small order with them recently after seeing a couple of dupes they had that I hadn't seen anywhere else and wanted to try. After reading this about what happened to your friend I won't be ordering from them anymore. That's just entirely uncalled for and their oils are nothing special.

That’s how I felt about it too. I liked them because they were fast and cheap, but certainly not unique in the least little bit. I’ll have to try Nature’s Fragrance, I’ve never ordered from them before. I really don’t have any business ordering anything else for a good while LOL! I did a full inventory of my oils and samples today, and let’s just say I’m on the higher end of 300. I have zero plans for 95% of them either Lol! I have also recently learned that Texas (Texan?) candle supply is extremely abusive to their customers as well. Never ordered from them, but that’s another on my do not order list 

On 8/10/2021 at 8:03 PM, VELMA21 said:

That’s how I felt about it too. I liked them because they were fast and cheap, but certainly not unique in the least little bit. I’ll have to try Nature’s Fragrance, I’ve never ordered from them before. I really don’t have any business ordering anything else for a good while LOL! I did a full inventory of my oils and samples today, and let’s just say I’m on the higher end of 300. I have zero plans for 95% of them either Lol! I have also recently learned that Texas (Texan?) candle supply is extremely abusive to their customers as well. Never ordered from them, but that’s another on my do not order list 

I know what you mean about the oils. I have never counted mine but I would feel safe in saying I'm on the high end of that many as well if not more. I have samples running out the wazoo that I really need to get rid of but I keep thinking I'll use them but I never do.

Jim from Texas Candle Supply is very rude at times and I can see why people don't want to deal with him but he's always made any mistake right that I've ever had. I'm not far from him but I still would rather pay shipping than to have to talk to him over the phone LOL!  He has some good oils if you like the western themed stuff which goes well here in Texas. Even though I'm a born and raised Texan I don't care for much of that type of scent but my customers do unfortunately LOL! I wish more liked what I like which is banana nut bread and sugar cookie! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 1:56 PM, Belinda said:

I know what you mean about the oils. I have never counted mine but I would feel safe in saying I'm on the high end of that many as well if not more. I have samples running out the wazoo that I really need to get rid of but I keep thinking I'll use them but I never do.

Jim from Texas Candle Supply is very rude at times and I can see why people don't want to deal with him but he's always made any mistake right that I've ever had. I'm not far from him but I still would rather pay shipping than to have to talk to him over the phone LOL!  He has some good oils if you like the western themed stuff which goes well here in Texas. Even though I'm a born and raised Texan I don't care for much of that type of scent but my customers do unfortunately LOL! I wish more liked what I like which is banana nut bread and sugar cookie! 

At least he’s willing to correct mistakes, that’s a big one! I honestly just made a few different bundles of my sample oils that I either just flat out didn’t like or knew I wouldn’t use and placed them on Mercari. I priced them at $2 an ounce, and they all sold In less than 10 minutes. Recovered some money, and made some room lol! Maybe try that out :) I did about 5 bottles per bundle. 

16 hours ago, VELMA21 said:

At least he’s willing to correct mistakes, that’s a big one! I honestly just made a few different bundles of my sample oils that I either just flat out didn’t like or knew I wouldn’t use and placed them on Mercari. I priced them at $2 an ounce, and they all sold In less than 10 minutes. Recovered some money, and made some room lol! Maybe try that out :) I did about 5 bottles per bundle. 

Yes, his willingness to correct mistakes is a good thing, especially since his manner is quite rough. I just chalk it up to someone that is just very outspoken and doesn't get their feelings hurt very easy so they don't think about how they come across to others that do. I have friends like that and I just have to realize they don't wear their feelings on their shoulders so they don't understand how their boldness can be a little offensive LOL!

What is Mercari? I've honestly been thinking I need to sell off most of my samples so I can buy some more LOL! I really need to take the time to do that. There are groups on Facebook that I can post them in. There's also a section on here for that. 

On 8/22/2021 at 8:37 AM, Belinda said:

Yes, his willingness to correct mistakes is a good thing, especially since his manner is quite rough. I just chalk it up to someone that is just very outspoken and doesn't get their feelings hurt very easy so they don't think about how they come across to others that do. I have friends like that and I just have to realize they don't wear their feelings on their shoulders so they don't understand how their boldness can be a little offensive LOL!

What is Mercari? I've honestly been thinking I need to sell off most of my samples so I can buy some more LOL! I really need to take the time to do that. There are groups on Facebook that I can post them in. There's also a section on here for that. 

Mercari is just another selling platform like eBay and stuff. Their fees can be kinda hefty, so if you can sell on Facebook or elsewhere it’s probably better off 

• Like 1