Room spray ? again

Stephanie

I've read through all the room spray threads about Cyclo & FO and haven't seen anyone mention that it would need a preservative. Does that mean it doesn't need one? Also, I read somewhere that you can't deliver Cyclo by Air. Is that true, and has it been a problem to send ground? TIA

I don't believe it needs a preservative b/c there is no water incorporated in with the cyclo.

As far as shipping it, I've never heard that it can't be sent via air, but I know that there is NO problem sending it UPS ground, otherwise suppliers wouldn't be selling it. ;)

HTH

MMS says that theirs can ship by air.

Cyclomethicone

t_Cyclomethicone.jpg

INCI: Cyclomethicone OR Cyclopentasiloxane

MMS continues to work hard for our customers and cyclomethicone is the perfect example. There are a ton of cyclomethicone varieties available and MMS has chosen one, specifically cyclopentasiloxane, as the variety that will best suit our cutomers.

Cyclopentasiloxane has a higher flash point so you can ship your room sprays or perfumes on an airplane without worry. Other vendors sell a cyclomethicone that can't even ship to you via airplane! Be wary, your safety, and the safety of others, is very important. For your reference the flash point is 170°F.

Cyclopentasiloxane is the perfect balance between volatility (quick drying) and spreadability. We think it is great for hair treatments, bath oils, creams and lotions, room/linen sprays, and more. Cyclopentasiloxane adds a soft, talc-like feel and is the base for superb dry perfume oils.

INCI labeling allows for the use of either name so please use the name most suited to your product and customer base. This cyclomethicone is also known as Cyclomethicone NF. Enjoy!