Cotton Candy

LMR

I'm looking for a true cotton candy fragrance that is body safe but also has a great hot throw for candles. I thought I'd finally found my contender at Candle Science, but they discontinued it. I haven't found anything that compares.

1 hour ago, LMR said:

I'm looking for a true cotton candy fragrance that is body safe but also has a great hot throw for candles. I thought I'd finally found my contender at Candle Science, but they discontinued it. I haven't found anything that compares.

JS’s Cotton Candy Super Strong has the best throw in candles & melts out of the ones that I’ve tried. Their Blue Cotton Candy also throws GREAT for me ! I use either IGI 6006 or ProBlend 600 ( both container & tart bless ) for reference. 

Their Cotton Candy Frosting is also good. My absolute fave Cotton Candy, the one that I find the most realistic, is MMS’s Cotton Candy, but while it does have good throw for me, it requires more curing than the others mentioned & it’s not as strong as the Super Strong. It’s my fave in my sugar scrubs too, when I make them. 

I probably just confused you more than help you, sorry 😩😂 Cotton Candy oils are my FAVE to pour & to burn, so I’ll be paying attention to the other replies along with you, lol. 

Edited by WaxingPoetic

No, thank you! That is absolutely helpful information! I look at reviews, which are always mixed, take a chance and order anyway, only to be disappointed that the oils smell nothing like cotton candy to me and I've just wasted more money!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 2:32 PM, WaxingPoetic said:

JS’s Cotton Candy Super Strong has the best throw in candles & melts out of the ones that I’ve tried. Their Blue Cotton Candy also throws GREAT for me ! I use either IGI 6006 or ProBlend 600 ( both container & tart bless ) for reference. 

Their Cotton Candy Frosting is also good. My absolute fave Cotton Candy, the one that I find the most realistic, is MMS’s Cotton Candy, but while it does have good throw for me, it requires more curing than the others mentioned & it’s not as strong as the Super Strong. It’s my fave in my sugar scrubs too, when I make them. 

I probably just confused you more than help you, sorry 😩😂 Cotton Candy oils are my FAVE to pour & to burn, so I’ll be paying attention to the other replies along with you, lol. 

I also like cotton candy super strong from Just Scents, and I also like Sugared from wsp for cotton candy.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 10:37 AM, LMR said:

No, thank you! That is absolutely helpful information! I look at reviews, which are always mixed, take a chance and order anyway, only to be disappointed that the oils smell nothing like cotton candy to me and I've just wasted more money!

I third the vote for JS cotton candy super strong. I also love her blue cotton candy. WSP has a good one also.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought all of the cotton candies everyone suggested! I also ordered a few others. (I may have a problem. LOL!) Aztec's smelled decent and was in the running for my bath and body product line until the one from MMS showed up. I think I'll go with that one. It's still not as good to me as the old Candle Science one, but will work. JS's Cotton Candy Super will be my one for wax. It has a decent hot throw. I also like their Blue Cotton Candy, but the melts are still curing. Their Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo also has a cotton candy smell to it, but I haven't used it in anything yet. I didn't like WSP's, but it's been years since I tried it. I also ordered Ky's from RE/AH since I was ordering from there anyway - smelled nothing like it to me. Funny how different all of our noses are! Thank you all so much for your generous advice. It was truly helpful. I will keep you updated on my testing!

• Like 2