Time to organize

It is beyond time to organize everything again, and this time...I want to find great containers to store fragrance oils and something to neatly organize all the wicks, without shoving them in a box or drawer. And maybe a prettier way to store wax, instead of the big cardboard box it came in. Does anyone have any suggestions or photos? I am attaching my dream redo photo I saw online...I actually work in a similar narrow space with cabinetry below and above. I have most of my materials on rolling bookcases, but those are getting a bit overloaded and messy. I love the brushed stainless bottles in the photo, it would be nice to have the bottles all match instead of the hodge podge (and 10 gallon factory plastic jugs!) that I have now.

Edit to add: Now that I look more closely, I wonder if the counter is actually a low bookcase on wheels, that is covered in washable vinyl wallpaper. That would make a great moveable work space.

63314_770653290559_24fb59c8_e241_4fbc_823a_6e7c13a37758.jpg

Edited by candlesinflorida
  • Like 3

well labeled Photo boxes solved a big wick headache for me. 
CB73118F-A86D-4E6F-8AE7-03742D3BAE0A.jpeg

small containers in bigger containers solved another headache.

Like seeds For example. Of a box is too big everything gets lost as I paw through. 

these suitcases of plastic boxes by Recollections solved the problem totally. 
image.jpg

i wait till they are on sale steeply and buy several. These were down to $12 mid pandemic. Usually retail for $40+

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow TT you sure have a buttload of wicks there!🤣

They are nicely boxed though and easy to see what's on hand. I love stackable boxes and big labels. I even put labels on my soap racks. At some point when you have so much shtuff you start buying stuff because you don't remember you already had something you are way behind time to organize. This has happened to me a few times especially this past year because of all the bottle shortages. Now I have boxes full of various jars, tops, bottles, caps, and they need organizing badly. Problem is, I have no space at this time to store them until I can find time to organize my supplies. Its a vicious cycle!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Wow TT you sure have a buttload of wicks there!🤣

They are nicely boxed though and easy to see what's on hand. I love stackable boxes and big labels. I even put labels on my soap racks. At some point when you have so much shtuff you start buying stuff because you don't remember you already had something you are way behind time to organize. This has happened to me a few times especially this past year because of all the bottle shortages. Now I have boxes full of various jars, tops, bottles, caps, and they need organizing badly. Problem is, I have no space at this time to store them until I can find time to organize my supplies. Its a vicious cycle!

And that is not all of them.  Those are the tabbed ones I use most often. Spools are in a different area. And RRD is in a big box at the back of the stock room because I am still disappointed by them 😂. I don’t dare purge wicks since I always find as FO and waxes change that I usually have the solution in one of those boxes.

heck yeah to buying more when you don’t know what you have. guilty as charged.  I’m going through FO now. Combining multiple open bottles to reduce the space. I need to Craigslist so many 🙄 have been using the 1 ounce samples to make candles just for me. When we don’t have the pressure to make a perfectly functioning candle for sale it is kind of fun to tweak for one-off.

• Like 1

BTW TT-- that is one cool colored organizer set of boxes. YOu gonna put your wicks in there?

On 2/4/2021 at 5:43 PM, TallTayl said:

And that is not all of them.  Those are the tabbed ones I use most often. Spools are in a different area. And RRD is in a big box at the back of the stock room because I am still disappointed by them 😂. I don’t dare purge wicks since I always find as FO and waxes change that I usually have the solution in one of those boxes.

heck yeah to buying more when you don’t know what you have. guilty as charged.  I’m going through FO now. Combining multiple open bottles to reduce the space. I need to Craigslist so many 🙄 have been using the 1 ounce samples to make candles just for me. When we don’t have the pressure to make a perfectly functioning candle for sale it is kind of fun to tweak for one-off.

• 7 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 3:26 PM, TallTayl said:

well labeled Photo boxes solved a big wick headache for me. 
CB73118F-A86D-4E6F-8AE7-03742D3BAE0A.jpeg

small containers in bigger containers solved another headache.

Like seeds For example. Of a box is too big everything gets lost as I paw through. 

these suitcases of plastic boxes by Recollections solved the problem totally. 
image.jpg

i wait till they are on sale steeply and buy several. These were down to $12 mid pandemic. Usually retail for $40+

image.jpg

What a GREAT idea! I have seen those!