Need opinions

I have a 3 wick container with 4627 using Nature's Garden Champagne Vanilla and CD4s, I've been using 7% and it is slightly over wicked. My question is what do you think would happen if I went to 9%. I do understand that the only way to know for sure is to try it, but a few educated guesses would be nice as I am out of my depth here.

1 hour ago, pughaus said:

I go with a lower FO% in my multi wick candles, just because they throw so well. Sometimes too well for my taste.
I'd try a wick down instead. Especially with a 3 wicker.  A CD3 or have you tried some P725s in that?

Not that my HT is bad, but my last batch of 4627 is not throwing nearly as well as the previous batch did. At first I thought it was me, but I made an identical candle with 6006 and got better HT out of it. My CD4s are 2.5 inches and I have to add them after the candle has a couple of days to firm up. Perhaps my best plan would be to bite the bullet and order more 4627, but if I can get better HT our at 9% that would do until I run out of wax.. 

If it’s over wicked then upping the FO will make the flame a bit smaller so it might fix that problem. Of course, that comes with its own set of issues like being more prone to a dirtier burn with more mushrooming etc, but only way to know for sure is to give it a go and see. 

• Like 2