How do I get a black wick?

Interesting. I can see the appeal of that combo, or using it for other colors too. But it also makes me wonder what if you left your wax uncolored and just primed the wick with color? Would the wick color bleed into the wax when it burns and what kind of visual would that create? Something pretty or something ugly or muddy looking? And what if you could prime the wick every few milimeters with a new color? or simply use one color but deeper shades along the wick as it burns towards the bottom?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Interesting. I can see the appeal of that combo, or using it for other colors too. But it also makes me wonder what if you left your wax uncolored and just primed the wick with color? Would the wick color bleed into the wax when it burns and what kind of visual would that create? Something pretty or something ugly or muddy looking? And what if you could prime the wick every few milimeters with a new color? or simply use one color but deeper shades along the wick as it burns towards the bottom?

Some does swirl around. You could essentially use a thin dipped taper candle as the wick for some fun effects like bleeding. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, aintfresh said:

Hello,

Some of the designer candles I purchase are all black, from the vessel, wax and wick. How would I be able to get my wicks black?

Thanks.

Have you been able to find them? I have purchased blue/yellow/red wicks I found online. They were not great though, they sort of crumbled when you handle them. I am also looking for colored wicks too.

I never found any online but I tried it myself once. I dipped the wicks in some heavily black dyed wax and it still looked dark grey, but even if I got the color right by adding even more dye I didn't like how they burned anyway, they mushroomed a lot more. I like a clean burn so it wasn't for me, but I can see why some people like the look of it.