PLEASE HELP WOULD BE HUGLY APPRECIATED 

I have recently been making soy pillar candles but are struggling with the amount of time the candle burns for. I currently use kerasoy pillar blend and cosy owl fragrance oils at 10%. I add FO at 175-180f and pour at around 150f into a silicon mould where it’s lefts to cool for 24hrs then I remove it from the mould and leave it alone for a week. But once I burn it the candle lasts no longer that 20 mins I don’t know where I’m going wrong and I have searched the internet for answers and can’t find them anywhere! I’m hoping someone is able to give me some answers 

If the wick is appropriate for the wax/size of the candle, then 20 minutes suggests a giant cavity under the surface to me. The top looks normal, but a huge void is hidden near the wick underneath.

Cavities / sink holes / air pockets are common in soy blends. To confirm, poke something thin and long through the candle. a bamboo skewer or similar works well.  If you feel it give suddenly as it moves through the candle then you have yourself a cavity problem. the remedy is to poke a relief hole in the candle within the mold as it cools. when cool fill with more hot wax to fill and level. You may need to do more than one fill depending on your pour temps, mold cooling rate, etc.

• Thanks 1

Shaped pillars are very difficult to burn since the shape is not conducive to equal flame reach. You will need to wick for the thinnest part, not the widest. Balance of the flame will be very tricky.

something like that I would be inclined to use beeswax since the surface tension holds the melt pool together longer.  Soy waxes turn to mush and don’t support the rest of the candle well at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 9:09 PM, TallTayl said:

What happens as they burn? To they drip? 

how are you measuring the 20 minutes?

any photos as they burn? 

Yes they drip then split down the centre I’m currently using 0.5 eco 

wick 

Soy is very brittle and unstable when burning. The crystal formation of soy makes it prone to splitting and blowouts, versus making a melt pool and performing like a pillar/taper is expected. 

You may be happier with performance of something that excels with pillars and tapers.