Inked glass containers

I bought some glass containers to do some triple wicking, I thought they would look alright, but I’m using 4627, and it is just not a pretty wax. So it was either go to 4600 or do something about the containers. I searched YouTube and found a process using alcohol ink and plastic wrap, that didn’t work for me. I had this stamp thing that you stick a piece of felt on, so I decided to try that. I cut a piece of felt, stuck it on, and put some drops of a few different alcohol inks on it and started applying it with a rolling motion. It worked great and it is quick, I could easily do two cases in a half hour. It was so quick and easy that it got me thinking that this would work well for commercial applications. Including time and materials, this wouldn’t add much cost to a container, but it would only work on straight sided, round containers. This is my first try, I’m sure I’ll get better at it.

IMG_2740.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Way to make lemonade from 4627 lemons.

Alcohol inks are wonderful, they just need to be sealed.  I used to ink tins but then noticed the inks smearing and rubbing off. Mod podge might work. Or spray clear poly.

I never had a problem with smearing, but if you have any thing on your hands with alcohol on it it might smear.  I gave some to my daughters several years ago and they still look great. I think if tou were selling them you would have to seal them or put a disclaimer on them.

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Alcohol on hands, like sanitizer will defo smear. Lotion did too. Along with anything to dust or clean. 

Shows how much my kids clean😂 I think Mod Podge would work because it is water based. I quit inking the tureens because they didn't burn the candles, they just used them for decoration.

• Haha 1