Need a wik suggestion for glass glow palm in a 16" salsa jar

calan

Was using CSN 9's or 12's in a 9 oz straight-sided jar, but those jars are out of stock every where now. Any starting suggestions for wicking palm in a 16 oz salsa jar?

I have several larger CD's and LX's, but nothing larger than a 12 in the CSN's to try. Is it worth getting some larger CSN's?

Thanks as always!

I made exactly 1 case of 16oz salsa jars with palm wax for Christmas gifts a couple of years ago.  I am pretty sure I used CSN 14. I've got some notes from testing those jars around here somewhere. If I can find them, I'll update you just to confirm.

• Like 1

Those jars are pretty wide. I would be inclined to double wick since glass glow burns down then out so predictably. I had a hard time preventing too much hang up without flames that were quite large. 

CSN 5, csn7 or csn9 would be my starting point. Space 1/3 of the jar apart pointing the curl in opposite directions. 

9 hours ago, bfroberts said:

I made exactly 1 case of 16oz salsa jars with palm wax for Christmas gifts a couple of years ago.  I am pretty sure I used CSN 14. I've got some notes from testing those jars around here somewhere. If I can find them, I'll update you just to confirm.

7 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Those jars are pretty wide. I would be inclined to double wick since glass glow burns down then out so predictably. I had a hard time preventing too much hang up without flames that were quite large. 

CSN 5, csn7 or csn9 would be my starting point. Space 1/3 of the jar apart pointing the curl in opposite directions. 

I had good results with the CSN 9's or 12's in the 9 oz jars. I made a test candle last night in the 16oz jar with 5% LS Apple Cinnamon, which was a a good burn (CSN 9) but a little weak in the smaller candles. I used my gut feeling and a CSN 16 (up two sizes) that I found in a sample pack I had ordered a while back.

We'll see what happens.  :)

Edited by calan
  • Thumbs Up 1