Precision Wicking Closing-referring to Wick It

TallTayl

Received today via email:

Dear valued customer,

We hope this finds you well.  Thank you for your continued loyalty and support over the years. It has been a pleasure serving you.

We are exiting the candle industry beginning November 13th, 2020 and shall no longer be taking orders from our clients as of immediately. All ordered products prior to the said date shall be delivered accordingly.

Again, we thank you for being a valuable customer to our company and your loyalty through all these years. May you have good luck and favor in your future endeavors.

All the Best.

Hershell & Gisela Sablowski
Owners
Precision Wicking, Inc.

For anyone wondering why this closing is stoking fear, look at the range of wicks Precision supplies. Most common that we use from Heinz-Jansen (CD & CDN) and WEDO (CSN, ECO, LX, RRD,V, TL)
and Atkins land Pearce, which is still available through A&P thankfully. 

I really hope WickIt gets and keeps  all of them. 
we have other avenues if we need to co-op, I would just prefer to not have to. 

54EC349B-475E-4250-AAA6-274794320E7F.png3E72FD8E-599D-4830-B9CE-92ED812EC445.png

8BEC0E1F-0B9B-4370-88C4-DBD649985BAA.png

I think their quality came from their professional staff.  I don't see others that have professional staff like Precision Wicking.  It must have been hard without big account like Atkins & Pearce has.

How about Wicks Unlimited?  Don't they have most of what Precision Wicking carried?

Atkins & Pearce was asking for 10,000 MOQ on Cottonwood instead of their usual 5,000 because 3rd party is doing the tabbing. 

21 minutes ago, BusyBee said:

I think their quality came from their professional staff.  I don't see others that have professional staff like Precision Wicking.  It must have been hard without big account like Atkins & Pearce has.

How about Wicks Unlimited?  Don't they have most of what Precision Wicking carried?

Atkins & Pearce was asking for 10,000 MOQ on Cottonwood instead of their usual 5,000 because 3rd party is doing the tabbing. 

Thank you for the reminder about wicks unlimited! I can sleep more easily tonight.  They have the sao Vitor that coconut people are in a frenzy over, lol. (They burn so much like LX I could not really tell them apart, just don’t tell that group 🤣😉). They  are only missing cottonwood, CSN, V series, CDN and CSN that I use.

speaking of CSN, is that why candlescience dropped the line? Maybe they got advance notice of the retirement? 

candlewic has quite a few common wick series too, just no CDN CSN, etc.

it is nice to get a smaller 5,000 quantity for sure! Do you know offhand if wicks unlimited offers less than 10k per assemblies

@TallTayl

You might be right about CandleScience dropping CSN.  They might have known,

It seems like Wicks Unlimited has CDN.  Wicks Unlimited might be willing to carry VRL(CSN) & V from now on (hopefully).

Cottonwood will be in question for a while since Atkins & Pearce is losing their wick assembler.  Who knows?  Atkins & Pearce might be willing to take over that wick assembly machine.

V series including VRL(CSN) can be purchased from UK.  But, most of UK candle suppliers don't have capability to send out international shipment.  In worst case scenario, we might have to go thru this kind of service to get those wicks over here (for small quantity orders).

https://www.forward2me.com/

*Many countries have this kind of middlemen companies including Germany (*I was only able to find one German candle supplier which was not so good.  I was hoping to find some over there since Wedo is a German company.).  They handle shipping and custom paper work for small orders.  And this could be one of the ways to get those popular European waxes to US for sample try out.

I was not able to talk to anyone at Wick It nor Wicks Unlimited because they never returned my call.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

@strugglebrother to the rescue! He phoned wick it this morning. He will comment here momentarily. 

we will archive the precision wicking charts for everyone here also. 

Yes, I spoke to the owner Joe Blythe this morning. They will be taking over all of Precision Wicking's inventory of wicks, machines, tabs and priming wax.

Wickit  will continue to have 3,000 as a minimum order. Very happy to hear this as we ordered from Precision and they had some wicks that Wicks Unlimited doesn't carry.

Wicks Unlimited has 10,000 as a minimum order, I have tried to work with them on smaller orders than that but they will not fulfil less than that. Wicks Unlimited do have a great team and I love working with them, sometimes we can order 10,000, but not always.