Question about TW-30 Tart Wax??

Never looked up that wax before.... holy jesus lol. 18% fragrance load! That would be the biggest waste of FO ever!

If you're looking for an 'all natural' soy wax for tarts then that BW-921 Candle Science just got in isn't bad, I quite like the fact it comes in the little pastel bits instead of a slab, less mess. And it pours VERY nice.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 9/11/2020 at 9:11 PM, TallPineCandles said:

Anyone know anything about this wax? Good, Bad, Ugly?? Every used it?? Know where to get it besides "California Candle Supply"? Not real pleased with their shipping philosophies. Anyway, any help would be very helpful.

1) Tried it, mixed with another wax. I wish it were in flake form or pastilles instead of slab. The wax itself didn't smell horrible.

2) Pulled a 2 year old tart out of storage box this morning, and there's nothing funky going on.  (No cracking, no excessive crumbling, it didn't turn into a pumpkin.)

3) I only used 1.5 oz ppd. I have no interest in wasting 18% FO load on a tart.

4) Throw seems okay. I dislike the FO that I'd used in it, so I'm not certain I'm going to make it until the fragrance is depleted.

5) I'm unsure who manufacturers the product for CCS.

Disclaimer: I can't have nice things. I mixed it with a different wax simply because I could. There was nothing wrong with the slab, except I think I can do better than what comes out of the box.  The hand-feel on the tart with the blend I did feels nice, not that anyone else will be stroking my tarts. (I just made things weird, but you know what I mean--sometimes the tarts feel greasy/sticky/weird.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 7 months later...

I realize this was posted almost a year ago, but I was hesitate to try, but my goodness, I am so glad that I did. I did not use 18% FO, I use 15% and the melts came out amazing. They slid right out of the mold, not greasy in the least, and the HT is fabulous. I mean, fabulous.  I have re-used my melts a few days now. They sure aren't lying about extending the performance of the melt. I think they quote 33%. 

I use 2 in my scentsy warmer and no lies, i could smell the scent outside my door. I used apple orchard from Nature's garden. Hope this helps.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:04 AM, KrisS said:

The hand-feel on the tart with the blend I did feels nice, not that anyone else will be stroking my tarts. (I just made things weird, but you know what I mean--sometimes the tarts feel greasy/sticky/weird.)

:laugh2:

I am literally LOL over here

I have a slab of it here bit haven't messed with it yet. Personally I refuse to go over 10% in any wax. 10% is pushing it for me. If a wax NEEDS 18% to perform well then it's not for me. If/When I do get around to testing it I will start with 8%.

• 9 months later...

Just wanted to pop in on this....

I finally got around to playing with this wax and I like it. I use 8-9% FO load and it's been doing very well. I find it a little "crumbly" on it's own so I also added 20% of another wax and it's even better now! No crumbling, nice snap...in clamshells.

Just wish it was available elsewhere. That being said...does anyone if the TW31 from VCS is the same?