Changing full wick and tab?

Big oops over here--accidentally underwicked a batch of candles for sale (so I can't do a quick wick pull like I do for testing).  Any suggestions for how to change the wicks w/o wasting the wax?  Oven (this scares me, as I did this once and had a "waxi-dent" by dropping the tray and spilling the wax all over my oven.)  Or melt them one at a time on my candle warmer and dump wax into new jars?  HELP please!  

Nevermind--just found TallTayl's Wickectomy video/method on here.  Pure brilliance!  

A related wick-ectomy questions--what is the diameter of the best apple corer to use?  So many sizes on Amazon!

Edited by ellajoan
  • Like 1

Yay! 

mine is a really cheapie. This one is close though.

https://www.amazon.com/tainless-Remover-Puller-Hand-held-Kitchen/dp/B0823QPMYG/ref=sr_1_56?dchild=1&keywords=apple+corer&qid=1599660206&sr=8-56

as long as it has the split in the metal at the round cutting end you can open it to make the hole bigger if needed to accommodate any normal wick tab. That looks like the size on mine, which fit a tab absolutely perfectly. 

47847E7E-2026-4BA7-AB5F-BA6D8B5C86A2.jpeg

Mine does not have the serrated end, but this should work fine. 

incidentally, saw a YouTuber recently trying to claim my victory lap on this 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

incidentally, saw a YouTuber recently trying to claim my victory lap on this 🤣

I guess it was simply a matter of time, you would think people would at least give credit if they decide to share it with others, esp. on youtube since it's already there, lol.  If you do more videos like this one, make sure to say "remember folks, you saw it here first" at the end! 🤭

• Thanks 1