Ordering from Alibaba

Hi All! 

Super frustrating to wait for candle jars to be back in stock. Does anyone have experience ordering from Alibaba? I’d consider selling containers as well. I know it can be expensive and I’ve watched some YouTube videos on this subject, any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance!🌸

Right now it might take a long time to get from them. I think the suppliers are not getting their orders is the problem.  I have ordered from alibaba in the past and did a co-op once for warmers, it took approx 6 weeks to get my order back then.  The US is not allowing imports of everything to come in, just essentials and even with essentials we can't seem to get things like disinfecting wipes or spray (all made in China I'm sure).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Right now it might take a long time to get from them. I think the suppliers are not getting their orders is the problem.  I have ordered from alibaba in the past and did a co-op once for warmers, it took approx 6 weeks to get my order back then.  The US is not allowing imports of everything to come in, just essentials and even with essentials we can't seem to get things like disinfecting wipes or spray (all made in China I'm sure).

stupid question, but what's a co-op?

15 hours ago, candleshiba said:

stupid question, but what's a co-op?

a CO-OP is where you get pre-orders from people, mine was on another forum.  They prepay for the items and then when the items arrive the host has to break down, package and mail items out.  I think I did one here for clamshells once, and I've purchased on many.  Look under Co-Op Announcements here.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 9:33 AM, kandlekrazy said:

a CO-OP is where you get pre-orders from people, mine was on another forum.  They prepay for the items and then when the items arrive the host has to break down, package and mail items out.  I think I did one here for clamshells once, and I've purchased on many.  Look under Co-Op Announcements here.

I've looked into Alibaba as well. The problem with Alibaba is that you most often have to order in increments of 1000, and not only can I not afford to buy this many of the same thing, I'd also have nowhere to store them. I have suggested a co-op on this forum so we could collectively buy interesting candle vessels from Alibaba and distribute them among the group. I didn't realize there were co-op announcements on here. Thanks for that info, Kandlekarazy. 

• Like 1