Adding UFI to labels

Hey everybody, hope you're all doing well!

I've been immersing myself in every kind of candle information possible, from sourcing of material, to marketing, to legal matters, to labelling, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to make sure I got all of my bases covered before going into business. 

Now I've just come across the requirement of adding Unique Formula Identifiers to labels and I was wondering if you guys have already tackled that requirement or if you will be waiting to do so when it becomes mandatory (January of 2021 if I remember correctly)

x

From what I understand these are requirements from the EU (European Union) for products that contain poisonous mixtures used by consumers such as household cleaners, glues, adhesives, etc that may be ingested. Its so poison control centers may quickly identify the poisonous mixture through a code on the label.

I can't find information re UFI's and candles and not sure it even applies. Was wondering why you think this would apply to candles?

We have very simple labeling regulation in US, we do not have to do any of those complicated things.  Ours is not even regulation at all compare to many other countries.  Korea has much tighter candle business regulation than yours that it's impossible to start without a consultant and tons of registration & testing fees.

12 hours ago, BusyBee said:

We have very simple labeling regulation in US, we do not have to do any of those complicated things.  Ours is not even regulation at all compare to many other countries.  Korea has much tighter candle business regulation than yours that it's impossible to start without a consultant and tons of registration & testing fees.

oh wow so I won't be expanding to Korea any time soon then haha.

Thank you for your insight