Aroma air freshener

CatD

I have tried so hard to make these aroma bead cat scents work, but am having no luck.  Everything goes good and I wait till oil is all absorbed into the beads .  But the scent never lasts and you can barley smell anything one it is used in the car.  Please please help.  I’m trying to make my customers happy but I feel like no matter what I try I can’t get the smell to work.  

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, LisaDD said:

Are you curing your beads after they dry? I’ve read you need to continue to let them cure 7 days longer after absorbed

There are a lot of people that believe this helps but I've never found it to make a difference in my fresheners. I personally think once they're dry they're ready to bake.  But like you I've read this in different groups but just never felt like it made a difference. But who knows, we all get different results using the same things at times! What doesn't work for one might be the missing thing for someone else.

• Like 1

You should be weighing everything.  The most common ratio is 4:1.  That means 4 ounces of beads and 1 ounce of oil.  I don't think you can fit very many in a 4 ounce jar unless you are just making enough for one air freshener.  You can reduce the weights.  If it is 1 ounce of beads just use .25 ounce of oil.  

HTH

9 hours ago, Jan Greenwood said:

I've only just received them so just going to start to make them all up so they will be to cure.. I just want to know how much fo to put into each of the 4oz jars

Like pcbrook said you can't fit very many in a 4 ounce jar. I use polypropylene bags and plastic containers to mix mine in. Make sure the plastic has the number 5 on it (although I'm not sure if this really matters since Fragrance oils come in bottles that don't have a 5) but just to be safe. I mix 8:2 ratio. You will need a scale to measure the weight of the beads and FO. Shake them every day and when they're dry they're ready to bake.

• 4 months later...

Maybe is the type of fragrance you are using?

I bought a case of mason jars for my beads so I can have different colors, and after a year some of the scents are still strong. I even have some I already made in a drawer from Christmas, and I can still smell them.  But I only buy scents from southwest candle supply, WSP, natures garden, and candle science.  I love BB, but I find them sometimes too expensive with the shipping and all. Other places, I have never been happy with them.

Personally I think glass jars will give them a longer life, but I could be wrong.  If I use plastic bags, is because I will use them all within a week or so.

Edited by Soaps by SunRise