Country comfort 16oz jar double wicking question

Without trimming seemed to be moving okay, but JUUUSSTTTT clearing the sides and giving a full pool.  My dilemma is anyone who trims would likely run into this and be upset, while if I wick up one, I would hope it wouldn't move to an inferno with untrimmed wicks :).  I'll just have to test the 62s and see I guess.  

5 hours ago, bfroberts said:

If it were me, I’d test without trimming too before making a final determination.

Agreed, since this is the typical behavior I see...

and I would make one wicked up just to compare - trimmed and untrimmed. 

• Like 1

I've never made a candle where the wick can perform the same trimmed or untrimmed, it's one or the other, and it's pretty obvious what is the better choice lol. I'd burn it all the way down untrimmed and see how it goes.

Ugh, I hate wicks.  Went to the HTP 62...still had issues.  Went to the 73, way too hot (at least on the edge of the top of the CC jar).  What the heck?!?  Going to go back to the 62 again to see what happens.  Anyone know of any wicks that may land between the 62 and 73 in other lines?  

Edit:  Trying CD8s now.  Seem to be slightly smaller diameter than the 73, so perhaps it will work.  

Edit edit:  CD8s too big.  Down to CD6s.  

Edited by Paintguru

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so for those that have used these country comfort jars (and double wick), I assume you run into the flames lessening once you're below 50% left to burn?  I guess one needs to wick to cover this and just live with the hotter burn when you're near the top??