Soy wax residue

I understand that soy can usually leave that tell tale residue of wax behind on a container after burn. I’m testing C3 right now and I’m wondering if there’s any additives  I can add in to make the burn leave no residue behind (assuming it’s properly wicked). I’m not looking to add paraffin if I don’t have to. Would adding coconut wax to my C3 help? I know this is just a nit picky cosmetic issue but I have some time to test and thought I would try. 

There was a cool hipster type of candle I was gifted a while back that is marketed as vegetable wax—upon further research I think it’s made up of soy, coconut and a bit of palm. It has absolutely no residue left behind. It seems it can be done—but how? Is this an instance where something like C1 would be blended with coconut wax?  I never really gave much thought to blending waxes....🤔 seems costly?

• Like 1

I have a candle from PF. Does not leave residue, but I can tell you that candle is way over wicked. Full meltpool in five minutes.

i have only burned it partially, but I know it’s going to be a flamethrower at bottom. Yes the glass is clean, but not what I call a great candle.

C3 to me does leave a bit of residue but the payoff is great hot and cold throw and it has amazing adhesion if you get pour temp down and your glass is clean.

It’s  all experimentation, and how much of this and that you want for you candles. Add paraffin you get other issues, but you get plumes too. Finding the balance is what you get by experimenting with percentages.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sarahmarah said:

Just reading up on coconut wax and apparently C1 is coconut 🤦🏻‍♀️—I don’t know why I thought it was a basic no frills soy wax...looks like I have a road of learning ahead lol

I’m a meatball today, sorry. Home schooling has my brain on meltdown mode. I’m getting everything confused 🤯

Sarah ask Talltayl about C1 wax. C1 was before C3. Lots of fans of both waxes. I would tame C3 if that’s what interests you.

you could get a sample bag of 464 and compare to C3 - that kind of a/b testing is very helpful. Everyone has a favorite wax.

NatureWax C-1 is an all-natural, soy and palm wax blend with great hot and cold scent throw. It is the first generation of Cargill waxes and still holds a significant following today as it's preferred for its glass adhesion that minimized wet spots, frosting, and pull-away. C-1 wax has minimal fat bloom and sink when cooled properly and works with powder and liquid dyes as well as all types of fragrances. Use it plain as container wax or as a blend to create pillar candles. It's creamy, opaque, and mostly single-pour. However, it sometimes requires a second pour or minimal touchup. 

• Make-Up: Soy and palm blend
  • Form: Flake
  • Pour Temperature: 110°-135°
  • Melt Point: 124°-130°
  • Fragrance Load: Up to 8%

NatureWax C-3 is an all-natural soy wax. It finishes creamy and opaque and is preferred for its glass adhesion that minimizes wet spots, has little to no frosting, and has the ability to single-pour without additives. A great all-around container wax, it throws fragrance well, works with powder and liquid dyes, and holds color well. C-3 is known and loved for being simple and producing consistent results. Use it plain as container wax, for tealights, or as a blend to create pillar candles. 

• Make-Up: 100% Soy
  • Form: Flake
  • Pour Temperature: 120°-165°
  • Melt Point between 124°-130°
  • Fragrance Load: Up to 6%
  • Kosher certified
  • MADE in the USA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2