6006 HELP

Am I doing something wrong or am I going noseblind? I use 6006 & I typically get really good results with it. Lately I can't smell anything, unless I'm right on top of it. I melt the wax to 185, remove from heat. Add 9% FO at 175, stir for 2 minutes, & pour around 165. I use the Square Mason Jars with the 51-32-18 Zinc Wicks. After they have cooled, I trim the wick & put a lid on them. I typically let them "cure" for a week to two weeks, even though I've heard that is really not necessary. This process has been working for me. It's never produced an over the top scent through, but it has been decent. Could I be going nose blind or am I doing something wrong?

Are you still using the same batch of wax? I had a couple blocks of 6006 that wouldn't give me a good HT unless I added the FO at a hotter temp. Try adding it at 185 instead of 175. The curing part of 6006 is completely dependent on the scent IMO. I can burn macintosh apple 2 days later and it's STRONG, but I can do baja cactus blossom and won't be able to smell until over a week has passed.

• Like 1

This may not be your problem, but I had an FO pollution problem in my house, so I put all my FOs and candles in sealed containers. All the FO molecules in your house can desensitize your nose. Your other problem could be air flow. I test HT by burning the candle in a closed room for an hour. It could also be that your wick isn’t right for your FO, I wicked 18 FO and the difference between the largest and smallest wick I needed was huge.