Flaming Candle Responce.

I just sent an email to Flaming candle asking a few questions about their products and got an answer back almost immediately. I thought I would share the answers as one of them perplexed me.

My questions: 1. Is problend 450 your own blend or do other sellers sell it? 

2. Do you provide safety data sheets for your waxes and fragrances?

3. Are your diamond dye chips the Reddig Glo chips?

This is the response:

Thank you for contacting us. Yes, ProBlend is made for us. It is 52% soy and 48% paraffin. We can get you MSD sheets for any product you need. Just email us the specific items you need them for. As for our dye chips, unfortunately we cannot disclose our manufacturers. They are little diamond shaped waxy pieces, though if that helps. Please, let us know if there is anything else we can help with. We are always glad to help where we can!

I thought the answer to if problend was their own wax was interesting for 2 reasons. Ihave seen older post on this forum comparing Problend 450 to KY 143 as if it was the same or very similar. I've never used KY so I don't know. Also, I asked about 450 the pillar paraffin wax. The answer given seems to be about 650 the para-soy wax.

• Like 1

Tart and votive/pillar wax:

Problend 450 is the same as KY 133, JS vot pillar votive wax, candles and supplies production pre-blended votive paraffin wax granules.

650 is the same as KY parasoy votive tart wax, JS 50-50 pillar votive wax, candles and supplies production single pour votive/pillar hybrid blend (6028 replacement), Wellington well-pour soy blend granulated votive/pillar wax.

Container wax:

Problend 400 is the same as JS 123 wax. Also possibly columbus candle supply CCS-P1. I emailed them asking if the melt point of 155 they listed is a typo as they listed that on their granulated wax as well.  Plus I've never seen a creamy one pour to be that high of a melt point.

Problend 600 is the same as JS 50-50 container wax, Wellington well-pour soy blend container wax, candles and supplies production single pour container wax.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lovelyscents said:

Problend 400 is the same as JS 123 wax. Also possibly columbus candle supply CCS-P1. I emailed them asking if the melt point of 155 they listed is a typo as they listed that on their granulated wax as well.  Plus I've never seen a creamy one pour to be that high of a melt point.

Just spoke with Columbus candle supply and indeed that is a typo.  Melt point is not that high, as I expected.

• 5 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 9:35 AM, lovelyscents said:

Tart and votive/pillar wax:

Problend 450 is the same as KY 133, JS vot pillar votive wax, candles and supplies production pre-blended votive paraffin wax granules.

650 is the same as KY parasoy votive tart wax, JS 50-50 pillar votive wax, candles and supplies production single pour votive/pillar hybrid blend (6028 replacement), Wellington well-pour soy blend granulated votive/pillar wax.

Container wax:

Problend 600 is the same as JS 50-50 container wax, Wellington well-pour soy blend container wax, candles and supplies production single pour container wax.

Hope this helps.

Problend 650 is the same as JS 50/50 or is Problend 600 the same as JS 50/50.

Is there a list of waxes that are the same from different companies. 450 is 133 etc.