JS Sampler Quandary

sharyl55

OK, I can't stand it anymore. I have to order a sampler pack from JS. I've spent hours reading your posts and reviewing Becky's scent descriptions. These would be for votives (OK 6228) and containers (J223). I keep adding to the list. Help please if you have had any luck with any of these in paraffin.

1.Banana Daiquiri - just cause it sound so good

2. Cappuccino Brulee - cause I'm determined to find a coffee that works for me

3. Captivatingly Currant - just cause it sound so good

4. Caramel Cinnamon Latte - cause it knocked Trish's socks off

5. Chai Tea - cause everyone is so excited and I need a tea to compliment Peaks Green Tea

6. Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove - for a mixer with other FOs

7. Donut House Cuppa Coffee - cause I'm determined to find a coffee that works for me

8. Grapefruit Vanilla Twist - cause I don't have a grapefruit

9. Hyacinth Chula Orchid - cause I'm getting tired of rose and sweet pea

10. Lemon Sugar - cause the only lemon I have is Lemon Pound Cake

11. Mimosa Mandarin - cause it sound so good

12. Peach Fizz - cause the only peach I have is GA Peach

13. Strawberry - cause the only strawberry I have is Strawberries and Cream

14. Tropical Rain - cause it sounds wonderful

15. Silky "V" Vanilla or Becky's Ulitmate Vanilla - cause I don't have a straight vanilla

I can't decide between the 2 vanillas. And I can't figure out which 2 to drop. Seems like everytime I drop 1 I end up adding 2 more. :cry2: I need advise or perhaps a support group is in order. Thanks

I use the cuppa coffee and the ultimate vanilla. Both are great sellers for me. I haven't gotten an fo from her that i didn't like. I just wish I would win the lottery so I could try all her fo's. She also has great prices and great sales! Make sure you are on her mailing list if you aren't already.

I am getting ready to get into b & b and will probably try her new line.

Oh crud! I was supposed to send you some samples!! I totally forgot! I'm soooo sorry! I can still send them on Monday if you want!

If you're going to get some samples, get the vanilla buttercream crunch too. Man, I could recommend a ton of her oils.....

Okay, my two cents.

I don't like the Grapefruit-Vanilla Twist at all. It doesn't smell like a good grapefruit, imho. I LOVE WYW Vanilla Grapefruit and JS smells off in comparison. I can send you some WYW to try if you want.

Captivatingly Currant is really nice in paraffin. I don't know what Red Currant is supposed to smell like, but this smells great.

Hyacinth Chula Orchid is one of my best sellers. It is a perfect floral, imho. It is a great thrower, but isn't too strong and heavy - not a perfumey floral if that makes sense. Definitely a must-try.

I wasn't too impressed with Peach Fizz, OOB. I didn't put it in wax though, so I guess that's not too much of a opinion.

Strawberry is nice, but BCS Strawberry Jam is much better. Again, if you want to compare I can send you some. It has an awesome throw and works great alone or as a mixer (mix with BCS Caramel and Whipped Cream for a to-die-for scent)

As for the vanilla, each one is great and they are both different. I use the Ultimate Vanilla. It is a really great sweet vanilla. The Silky Vanilla has more body/depth to it. I think the Ultimate Vanilla throws better for me and is a better FO alone and as a mixer, so I use this one.

Also, put Berrie Buttercreame, CITRUS LINEN (a MUST HAVE!), Pink Lemonade (awesome throw and tart/sweet at the same time), Raspberry Vanilla Creme and Tangerine Tulip (another great floral that's not floral, lol. This one smells really unique and if you have customers who like florals, this is a good one) on the list.

Hope this helps some! I LOVE Just Scent.

You're killing me Angela. Now I have 5 more must haves and only 2 to drop. Thanks for the feedback.

Anytime, lol. These sales she keeps having are killing my pocketbook too. I just ordered this week and now I want to order again and get some of the new FOs, lol. I need a cheaper hobby. :rolleyes2

Sharyl,

The Caramel Cinnamon Latte is a DEAD ON RINGER to straight black coffee, no kidding. Don't let the caramel/cinnamon fool ya. In the bottle you get all three smells, when in soy ... BLACK STRONG COFFEE ALL THE WAY!!! I love it. Blew me away when I tested that f/o. I will definately stick with JS's Caramel Cinnamon Latte for my coffee addicts. :)

Hyacinth Chula Orchid is really, really nice.

Now the Ultimate Vanilla is another thing, I tested in soy and maybe it's my nose, but I didn't get a real strong throw off of it. I expected more.

Orange Chiffon is Excellent.

Claire Burke has an EXCELLENT hot throw.

Apple Jack & Peel is another one I expected more of.

Chai Tea is very nice.

Pistachio Fluff is a really nice scent burning.

Lavender/Vanilla, strong hot throw.

Orange Cranberry, nice lingering throw

Hot Buttered Rum, nice strong throw.

Sweet Pea is a really nice lingering throw.

Capitvating Currant, I'm gonna have to test again because I didn't get a really strong throw the first time, might be the nose thing again. :)

HTH ya Sharyl.

Sharyl,

The Caramel Cinnamon Latte is a DEAD ON RINGER to straight black coffee, no kidding. Don't let the caramel/cinnamon fool ya. In the bottle you get all three smells, when in soy ... BLACK STRONG COFFEE ALL THE WAY!!! I love it. Blew me away when I tested that f/o. I will definately stick with JS's Caramel Cinnamon Latte for my coffee addicts.

Wow! I didn't realize that soy and paraffin reacted so differently to different FO's. In my wax, you can totally smell the cinnamon with a touch of sweet, not sure I would say it smells like caramel, but something smoothes out the coffee.