AAA Candle Supplies - $1.00 sample sale today

GailC

I've got 6 samples in my cart plus 1 free one.  Shipping is $5.12 so each sample will be $1.59 with shipping (counting the free one)  

With 7 samples plus the free one, shipping went up to 8 something.  More than the samples.  I might get the 6 because $11.12 will be the least I have ever paid for an order of candle supplies. :)

I never sent the above post yesterday for some reason. so here's an update:

I put enough samples in my cart to total $24 with shipping, including several of one scent.  Evidently AAA doesn't limit the # of the same fragrance you can order.  But I was good and deleted a bunch to get the total back down to $11 with shipping.

I got:Country Heather, Vanilla Pound Cake, Hot Apple Pie (free), Raspberry Peach Cobbler, Snickerdoodle (to see how it compares to CS), Granny's Kitchen (to see how it compares to Mill Creek which I love), and Pumpkin Harvest.

Every 16 oz bottle from AAA is only $14.95 so I'd like to find some winners.  

22 minutes ago, GailC said:

I've got 6 samples in my cart plus 1 free one.  Shipping is $5.12 so each sample will be $1.59 with shipping (counting the free one)  

With 7 samples plus the free one, shipping went up to 8 something.  More than the samples.  I might get the 6 because $11.12 will be the least I have ever paid for an order of candle supplies. :)

I never sent the above post yesterday for some reason. so here's an update:

I put enough samples in my cart to total $24 with shipping, including several of one scent.  Evidently AAA doesn't limit the # of the same fragrance you can order.  But I was good and deleted a bunch to get the total back down to $11 with shipping.

I got:Country Heather, Vanilla Pound Cake, Hot Apple Pie (free), Raspberry Peach Cobbler, Snickerdoodle (to see how it compares to CS), Granny's Kitchen (to see how it compares to Mill Creek which I love), and Pumpkin Harvest.

Every 16 oz bottle from AAA is only $14.95 so I'd like to find some winners.  

I totally get the sample theory and for b&b it worked well for me because it would be months usually before I made another bathch using the scent.  I couldn't buy 1 oz for candles. i If  something worked well and smelled great I needed to put it in a batch right away.  Just curious, do you then place another order for a bigger size?  To me, the shipping was always more than just buying 4 oz or 8 oz at a time to try and getting a better shipping rate.  Just my 2 cents. Hated a million little bottles, lol.  That's my ocd kicking in.

22 minutes ago, GailC said:

14 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I totally get the sample theory and for b&b it worked well for me because it would be months usually before I made another bathch using the scent.  I couldn't buy 1 oz for candles. i If  something worked well and smelled great I needed to put it in a batch right away.  Just curious, do you then place another order for a bigger size?  To me, the shipping was always more than just buying 4 oz or 8 oz at a time to try and getting a better shipping rate.  Just my 2 cents. Hated a million little bottles, lol.  That's my ocd kicking in.

Oh I have a million little bottles.  :)  I have bought 16 oz bottles without smelling a sample first.  Mostly, it works out and I like them.  Once in a while I get a dud.  So I like to buy samples first.  Some of those I like, and some I don't.  Eventually I buy a 16 oz bottle of those I like.  

I like the companies that give you a 1 oz sample with each 16 oz bottle ordered, like Candlewic and Aztec.  I've acquired a bunch of my samples that way. I think I'm going to have to start a new box for samples; my drawer and 2 boxes are full. 

Sometimes I use the 1 oz as a mixer just to use it up.  

Sometimes I just like to sit and sniff my samples.  :)   

• Like 1