Golden Wax 444 Type: Favorite Fragrance Oils

Soleil89

Hey! So, we use the Golden Wax 444 Soy type with Cotton Core wicks and 7oz Hex Jars with Lids!

We've been using JS fragrance oils, and so far things have been great. Our best seller has been the bourbon pumpkin and cotton candy super strong! Although I think we messed up on a few batches 😕 we were heating up the wax to 180° and then adding the fragrance while stirring for 5 minutes. But then we changed the process to where we let it cool down from 180° to 120° before adding fragrance and stirring. Sooooo, I'm thinking it didn't bond properly. (Oops)

If you're familiar with this wax, what specific process do you use? Frgrance oils that bond strongly with the wax? Do you add anything to it?

What are some of your favorite scents that give off a fantastic scent throw?

20191002_221244.jpg

20191002_221112_20191002223053001.jpg

Oh, I have so many fragrance oils that are good with 444, I couldn't list them all. Here are a few:

Candlescience: Cinnamon Stick, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Souffle, Pumpkin Caramel Crunch

Candlewic: Pumpkin Chai,  Apple Cider Donut,  Black Tea Orange & Almond, Berry Tangerine

Rustic Escentuals: Spiced Pumpkin Latte, Caramel Cafe, Baked Apple, Celtic Moonspice

Mill Creek: Grandma's Kitchen, Cozy Home, Backroads

Aztec: Black Raspberry & Vanilla, Volcano, Cantaloupe & Lily, Leaves

Nature's Garden:Apple Mango Tango, Australian Bamboo Grass, Hot Orange Danish, Coco Mango, Cottage Breeze, Water Lily & Jasmine

Cierra: Blueberry Cobbler, Sea Island Cotton

Flaming Candle:  Chai

Fragrance Buddy: Cinnamon Broom, Lemon Pound Cake, Pumpkin Cupcake, Sea Witch, Spiced Apples & Peaches

Many other from above suppliers as well as other suppliers.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 11:10 PM, GailC said:

Oh, I have so many fragrance oils that are good with 444, I couldn't list them all. Here are a few:

Candlescience: Cinnamon Stick, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Souffle, Pumpkin Caramel Crunch

Candlewic: Pumpkin Chai,  Apple Cider Donut,  Black Tea Orange & Almond, Berry Tangerine

Rustic Escentuals: Spiced Pumpkin Latte, Caramel Cafe, Baked Apple, Celtic Moonspice

Mill Creek: Grandma's Kitchen, Cozy Home, Backroads

Aztec: Black Raspberry & Vanilla, Volcano, Cantaloupe & Lily, Leaves

Nature's Garden:Apple Mango Tango, Australian Bamboo Grass, Hot Orange Danish, Coco Mango, Cottage Breeze, Water Lily & Jasmine

Cierra: Blueberry Cobbler, Sea Island Cotton

Flaming Candle:  Chai

Fragrance Buddy: Cinnamon Broom, Lemon Pound Cake, Pumpkin Cupcake, Sea Witch, Spiced Apples & Peaches

Many other from above suppliers as well as other suppliers.

Wow thank you! We're to this and trying to learn things without making too many insane mistakes.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:59 PM, RedRoomGraduate said:

Adding any fragrance to any wax at temps that low is always going to risk it not going into solution with the wax. 

That makes sense! I guess we were worried that if it emitted a smell when mixing, that we were losing fragrance. What temperature do you use that guarantees a strong hot throw?