C-6 and 464

ruralers

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had luck combining Nature Wax C-6 coconut wax and Golden 464.  I happen to have both of these waxes on hand, but I thought I might gather a little information before I start experimenting.  I tried using C-6 on its own and was very perplexed by it-could have been the wicks.  What's a good ratio of 464/c-6 to start with?  Do you have any thoughts on wicks?  I was hoping to improve the hot throw with 464 by using the coconut wax.

Many thanks!

I have played with C6 alone but found it to be really tricky. I was using wood wicks and it was really challenging (though the HT was good). There's a discussion on it if you search C6. I would really like to use C6 because I can drive to The Flaming Candle but so far I haven't had enough luck to consider switching. Once I have some free time I will see if I want to play with it again.

I've been testing CD wicks in C6 and getting some decent results. Have you tried that yet before considering blending? Since the C6 is already mostly soy, adding more soy may decrease the benefits of having the small percentage of coconut in it.