Incense Stick Suppliers

ElleP

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good unscented incense stick supplier. I've been getting my sticks from SOS, but I'm not happy with the quality (I've been using the charcoal ones) – they're not consistent, both in terms of the thickness of the reed stick and the part that gets burned, and there are many that are either broken or stuck together with another stick. I end up throwing out so many and wasting a lot of time sorting through them. I ordered a sample of their natural wood ones, but it's the same story. 

I've also ordered samples from Wellington, which I really like – very consistent "machine made" sticks and good quality. The only issues with these are that they're a little on the thin side (but I could live with that) and they're all curved (some more than others). If they were straight they'd be nearly perfect. I heard good things about BCN's sticks so I ordered their charcoal and black-colored wood sticks. The charcoal ones are almost perfect – totally straight, consistent size, not too dusty. The only issue with these is that the tops are cut off revealing the stick inside and the reed stick is a very unattractive yellow color. The black colored wood sticks are pretty good, but have a more hand rolled look and I think I prefer the machine made ones. I know, I know, I'm picky.

I've searched the far reaches of the internet but have only come up with either sticks that are not quite right or sketchy websites with very little product information. Surprising that there aren't more suppliers out there. Anyone have some tips?

Sorry, I order mine from SOS or BCN. I like both of their charcoal sticks, and I've always been pleased with the quality. My only beef is that BCN is constantly OOS. I have also used the punk sticks from BCN and I like them, but gosh, the bottom stick part is so long!

I have looked but haven't been able to find other suppliers that sell them for recreational use (i.e., orders smaller than 500 million sticks, lol).

Thanks, @Sarah S. I forgot to mention that one of the other reasons I'm not crazy about BCN is that they're always out of stock! Which is scary if you're trying to run a business. And yes, the punk sticks are quite long – they might just barely fit in our packaging, but I'm not even sure since we designed the boxes for 10.5" sticks. As for SOS, when I first ordered samples of their sticks the quality seemed pretty good. However, when I started ordering larger quantities (orders of 5,000 – 10,000 sticks) the quality went way down. Felt like a bait and switch. 

I looked into finding a supplier overseas via Alibaba, but their MOQ's were so crazy high – you literally have to order them by the shipping container full! That would probably be equal to 500 billion sticks, haha!

I got mine several years ago from a co-op on this forum and they came from Nemat internationals - absolutely love them but I assume they have to be bought in bulk as I think I got a 1000 of them - don’t make incense much at all and still have a ton left 

but they are super nice and worth looking into...maybe you can get others to go in with you 

• Like 1

Thanks, @moonshine and @iansmommaya – I had come across Nemat and was on the fence about ordering samples but I think I'll give them a shot. I usually buy between 5,000 – 10,000 sticks at a time so I think I can just buy directly from them.

Edited by ElleP
left out information
  • Like 1

I buy from BCN also.  I have tried other suppliers that were much cheaper but I was throwing half of them away so I wasn't really saving anything.  I don't sell a ton of incense so when I ordered a couple thousand they last me at least a year.

• 3 years later...

Hello. My name is Amily. I came across this post just now. I am actually looking to sell aprox. 100,000 of these unscented, ready for your special touch, incense (pink) sticks. It's you might be interested, feel free to message me back. Or kindly pass this along to someone. I'm willing to sell them at a good price. Just make me a fair offer.