Doing a wax/wick test

I’ve been looking in the wax and wick test section for a while now and thinking about how great it would be if someone would do a test for 6006. So I have decided to do one. I would rather not screw this up and have to do it over, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you put the wicks in the pan first or do you cut a length of wick and stick it in the wax after it cools?

Do I need to heat the wax to 180, or just enough to melt it?

Can I put the wax in the pan and melt it in the oven?

How deep does the wax need to be?

How far apart do I need to put the wicks?

How much cure time should I give the wax before testing?

Is a 3 hour test enough or should I do 4?

How many burns?

I found you do need them to be tabed and attached at the bottom of the pan because the wax is quite shallow. 

Spread apart enough to allow the desired/expected melt pool without spilling into the next over. 

Several burns are usually needed since an awful lot happens between burns 1 and 3. 

Make it as you would a normal candle so you so you can repeat reasonably with narrowed variables. 

Depth, depends on your container. I shoot for something close to my tins, as that is my primary vessel. A typical cake tin will get you off to a great start