C&S Gingerbread Applesauce

Moonstar

3 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I do not have one of those expensive melters. I have an electric roaster. The ones that walmart will have on sale for $25 They have some now for $35. I have 2 of them and thinking about getting a third for my wax tart blend only

I don't have one of those but see those at yard sales brand new very often lol can you keep heating and reusing the wax? How long does it take to melt 25 pounds? I'm a newer business. Sounds great though.I need one. Is it just as safe as a presto? It would be so much easier. Right now I have to spend about 20 minutes to get sticky to fill a 8 pound presto. Way too time consuming and a mess lol

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I don't have one of those but see those at yard sales brand new very often lol can you keep heating and reusing the wax? How long does it take to melt 25 pounds? I'm a newer business. Sounds great though.I need one. Is it just as safe as a presto? It would be so much easier. Right now I have to spend about 20 minutes to get sticky to fill a 8 pound presto. Way too time consuming and a mess lol

Wal-Mart always has them on sale right before thanksgiving. They have a temp. Dial on the front. Even at 35$ it isn't expensive. I've had my 1 for at least 10 years. 

The 25 lb block will fill the entire thing up by the time it gets halfway melted I'm usually done getting my other things set. Rarely will I have any leftover wax but if I do I leave it in there and just add another block next time around.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Wal-Mart always has them on sale right before thanksgiving. They have a temp. Dial on the front. Even at 35$ it isn't expensive. I've had my 1 for at least 10 years. 

The 25 lb block will fill the entire thing up by the time it gets halfway melted I'm usually done getting my other things set. Rarely will I have any leftover wax but if I do I leave it in there and just add another block next time around.

I wish I could melt 25 pounds a day. I want the money to come rolling in lol I know I need to be patient. Do you get a better shipping price  if you order a few boxes at a time? I will try to get one this week. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Haha 1

I am not doing many sales and mostly that's because of my back issues. I have my few regulars and word of mouth. I know when I fully launch myself again I'll be ready with on hand ready to sell. 

I get my wax from candlewic and with their sale they have now getting the wax will give u a free lb and 1 oz of fo lol. I always jump on this sale and mainly get my wax.  I buy 50 lbs. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

I wish I could melt 25 pounds a day. I want the money to come rolling in lol I know I need to be patient. Do you get a better shipping price  if you order a few boxes at a time? I will try to get one this week. 

I have 300 candles made up right now. I have about 30 lbs of assorted tart brittle and about 30 lbs of scent shots assorted and maybe only 50 clams. 

I am calling about a fall festival tomorrow and might try to do it in Nov. 

I have 1 regular when I go I will sell at least 3 cases of candles. And they will buy monthly. I have another regular that will buy every other week and it's usually a couple hundred in sales there each time. I know I'll get money,they have been harassing me for candles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I have 300 candles made up right now. I have about 30 lbs of assorted tart brittle and about 30 lbs of scent shots assorted and maybe only 50 clams. 

I am calling about a fall festival tomorrow and might try to do it in Nov. 

I have 1 regular when I go I will sell at least 3 cases of candles. And they will buy monthly. I have another regular that will buy every other week and it's usually a couple hundred in sales there each time. I know I'll get money,they have been harassing me for candles

I'm glad you are doing so well. I will get there. I know it takes time. Is that businesses that buy so much at one time? I don't want to do wholesale. It's not that I can't pour the 25 pounds. I can. It's that I need to sell quick to keep buying the wax lol I'm going yard saling tomorrow to buy stuff to sell to buy more wax. I have 850 packaged melts ready for sale. Trying to take good pictures. What size roaster fo you have? Do you know? I didn't realize there are so many sizes. 14,18,20

Edited by ShelleyF
Spelling

23 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

My order came yesterday and I thought of another idea. Will know results tomorrow

@ShellyF well results were good with this test FYI. I put it in a bag and put the entire block in my freezer overnight. I pulled it out and I sliced the sides.the bag peeled right off. The only problem I had was where the bottom of the bag forms those grooves. I zapped it with my heat gun and pulled. Hardly any waste..

• Like 1

I am not doing many sales and mostly that's because of my back issues. I have my few regulars and word of mouth. I know when I fully launch myself again I'll be ready with on hand ready to sell. 

I get my wax from candlewic and with their sale they have now getting the wax will give u a free lb and 1 oz of fo lol. I always jump on this sale and mainly get my wax.  I buy 50 lbs. 

Wow that's a great deal. Do they have 4627 wax lol

I'm sorry you are having back issues. I know that is very painful. I don't have a bad back but have back problems from being a woman.  I have a bad knee and 3 bad feet from a fall almost 3 years ago. So it hurts every day. I force myself to do things. Which everyone does with pain. I hate hurting lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

@ShellyF well results were good with this test FYI. I put it in a bag and put the entire block in my freezer overnight. I pulled it out and I sliced the sides.the bag peeled right off. The only problem I had was where the bottom of the bag forms those grooves. I zapped it with my heat gun and pulled. Hardly any waste..

Wow you are a genius. I'm doing that when I get more wax. I don't have a heat gun yet though lol will a hair dryer work?

I just saw and answered where you aren't in full production right now but you still do great. Why do people order so much just for them set? Or do they resell your candles? I hope not. I don't like that. I've had people want me to lower price so they can resell. They told me they wanted to do that ! I was very upset. I mean really? I am not doing all this work to sell cheaper so someone else can profit. If they pay my price they can resell it. Iwon't be happy but I can't stop them. But to sell cheap so they can profit? No way. That is a lot of nerve. 

Do you have to thaw before melting?

Edited by ShelleyF
Spelling

4 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

'm glad you are doing so well. I will get there. I know it takes time. Is that businesses that buy so much at one time? I don't want to do wholesale. It's not that I can't pour the 25 pounds. I can. It's that I need to sell quick to keep buying the wax lol I'm going yard saling tomorrow to buy stuff to sell to buy more wax. I have 850 packaged melts ready for sale. Trying to take good pictures. What size roaster fo you have? Do you know? I didn't realize there are so many sizes. 14,18,20

I'm not doing well but I will. No I don't do wholesale. They are local businesses that I have customers in.  It all started from 1 person. I just always load up my SUV when I would go because it would be like a train. Each person would come out 1 by 1 and get the ones they wanted.  They would buy at least 4 candles each. The one business i load up 3 or 4 boxes in my tote and go sit in their office while the secretary picks hers out and then she calls people to tell them I'm there. I haven't been out though yet. I've only been giving samples to my regulars to try and a few sales because I want my stash a bit bigger. 

I also am working on baskets. I told people I would start nov. 1st for orders and I have 4 orders for those already. This is why I'm waiting. Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

I'm not doing well but I will. No I don't do wholesale. They are local businesses that I have customers in.  It all started from 1 person. I just always load up my SUV when I would go because it would be like a train. Each person would come out 1 by 1 and get the ones they wanted.  They would buy at least 4 candles each. The one business i load up 3 or 4 boxes in my tote and go sit in their office while the secretary picks hers out and then she calls people to tell them I'm there. I haven't been out though yet. I've only been giving samples to my regulars to try and a few sales because I want my stash a bit bigger. 

I also am working on baskets. I told people I would start nov. 1st for orders and I have 4 orders for those already. This is why I'm waiting. Lol

You are definitely doing better than me lol I will get there. I haven't advertised much yet. And my little town doesn't help. So onlit is where I've been working on.

Edited by ShelleyF
Added info
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

What size roaster fo you have? Do you know? I didn't realize there are so many sizes. 14,18,20

I can't tell you. I think the last one that I got was the 14 qt  for a 20lb turkey. I usually start using my wax before it all gets melted anyways

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

You are definitely doing better than me lol I will get there. I have advertised much yet. And my litty town doesn't help.

Last Friday I sold $50 in the warmer oils.  Lol. She wanted to smell all that I had. I laughed so hard she smelled the cannabis spice and got off balance. 😂😂😂 doesn't smell like anything but spice to me. She left work with a headache. I told her so.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

just saw and answered where you aren't in full production right now but you still do great. Why do people order so much just for them set?

No they burn them lol. They also bring the jars back to me. Since I have returned back to candle making I have not been to sell at these places. I've only gave testers,or samples. Seriously it's only a tease,but they are getting a sample for free and they like free. Free now will only mean sales for me later. 

Do u have anything up on ebay yet? 

How much did u price them at? I see the spankee cups are $5 some are less on other websites. 

19 minutes ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

No they burn them lol. They also bring the jars back to me. Since I have returned back to candle making I have not been to sell at these places. I've only gave testers,or samples. Seriously it's only a tease,but they are getting a sample for free and they like free. Free now will only mean sales for me later. 

Do u have anything up on ebay yet? 

How much did u price them at? I see the spankee cups are $5 some are less on other websites. 

Autocorrect ugh lol should say just for themselves. Not set. 

I give free stuff alot but one lady I gave her 8 free melts and her friend too. Wrote me and said they loved it could they get more for free!  

I sold 2 things on eBay but I need to put more on there. Very happy with it and gave me great feedback. Spankee  lol I haven't put mine yet but it definitely wont be $5 that is ridiculous. I don't know what to put. That's what I'm trying to decide this week. I have almost 500 of them ready for sale. I gave a few away and they love them. 

Edited by ShelleyF
Spelling

12 minutes ago, ShelleyF said:

Autocorrect ugh lol should say just for themselves. Not set. 

I give free stuff alot but one lady I gave her 8 free melts and her friend too. Wrote me and said they loved it could they get more for free!  

I sold 2 things on eBay but I need to put more on there. Very happy with it and gave me great feedback. Spankee  lol I haven't put mine yet but it definitely wont be $5 that is ridiculous. I don't know what to put. That's what I'm trying to decide this week. I have almost 500 of them ready for sale. I gave a few away and they love them. 

Most online vendors are around $1.25-1.50 per ounce on scoops and melts. Ive done alot of watching and checking out the most popular sites. You have to put all your cost in as well. Yours are in cups, so no hassle clean up well that just means more to me

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ScentedPleasurez said:

Most online vendors are around $1.25-1.50 per ounce on scoops and melts. Ive done alot of watching and checking out the most popular sites. You have to put all your cost in as well. Yours are in cups, so no hassle clean up well that just means more to me

You are right. It is no hassle at all. And soon it will be no hassle for me either lol I'm definitely getting a roaster. That will help so much putting the whole block of wax in there. And not getting all messy and wasting time.

I saw a lady on eBay getting $3.00 each and sold a ton. Hers were the regular round plastic 2 oz size. Those melts only weigh 1 oz. Of course the fees have to be paid. So I'm thinking they will pay more for mine lol I'm trying it this weekend. Local will be cheaper though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I saw a lady on eBay getting $3.00 each and sold a ton. Hers were the regular round plastic 2 oz size. Those melts only weigh 1 oz. Of course the fees have to be paid. So I'm thinking they will pay more for mine lol I'm trying it this weekend. Local will be cheaper though. 

2oz containers will usually be about 1.75 oz but like I said b4 some will not even use much and still call it a 2oz,because it's in a 2 oz container😂😂  I seen some talking about how they don't fill their clams up. Once they get the hole filled they move on so u get 6 pieces instead of 1 break apart block😂😂

Your item is already different than hers, don't go by her price. Set yours and make an awesome description.

• Like 1

2oz containers will usually be about 1.75 oz but like I said b4 some will not even use much and still call it a 2oz,because it's in a 2 oz container😂😂  I seen some talking about how they don't fill their clams up. Once they get the hole filled they move on so u get 6 pieces instead of 1 break apart block😂😂

Your item is already different than hers, don't go by her price. Set yours and make an awesome description.

I'm definitely going to make an awesome description. Already sorry you said it was no fuss no hassle. So I'm definitely going to give that point on there lol

I feel mine up in those kind of things and the clam shells I'll fill up and make a smooth top.I can't stand when people sell their clams in the little cavities and not fill them up to the brim. I think it's wrong because it's  cheating the customer. I definitely don't advertise it as 2 oz.  because that is not right I agree.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 5:26 PM, ShelleyF said:

It is Just Scent. Not very strong but good for mixing. It smells really good. I find all vanilla bland but  lot of people love them.

Yes get the Blueberry Muffins lol I have it and it is strong and amazing. Never had the Butter Rum Allspice but sounds good. I love spices.I have the Spiced Cranberry too and it is great but the Blueberry is out of this world. 

They ( BC) have 2 blueberry muffins which one do you get   

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

They ( BC) have 2 blueberry muffins which one do you get   

I have the one that is not original. I also have Blueberry Patch and it is great too. I got mine in a destash. Blueberry Cobbler from Aztec is outstanding. I don't buy directly from Aztec anymore but got that one in a destash. 

• Thanks 1