I was on Candles & Supplies today and noticed a paracoconut wax. Has anyone tried it out + what are your thoughts. I was also thinking of getting some oils too.

Heres what I have in my cart - Tobacco Vanilla (Tom Ford Dupe)  Cranberry Chutney - Gingerbread Applesauce Cake - Honey - Hot Buttered Rum - Christmas Splendor 

I had Oatmeal Cookie too but it suddenly Sold Out :( Any opinions would be greatly appreciated . 

I haven't tried paracoconut wax, but I'd like to.  I read the reviews on their site and the customer comments said it was a nice wax.  As for their scents, I used to order from them a bit and found their scents to be good overall, but perhaps with a tinge of an artificial nature here and there, as I find many suppliers seem to carry within their fragrance lines.  (For instance, I once ordered their Blueberry scent, which was a really nice and very appealing scent, but it wasn't a realistic blueberry.)  Of the ones on your list, the only one I might be cautious about (i.e., order smaller size) is the Hot Buttered Rum, as sometimes the buttery scents can be on the light side ... I've found that some caramel scents can be a bit more potent, yet still have that buttery feel.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, birdcharm said:

I haven't tried paracoconut wax, but I'd like to.  I read the reviews on their site and the customer comments said it was a nice wax.  As for their scents, I used to order from them a bit and found their scents to be good overall, but perhaps with a tinge of an artificial nature here and there, as I find many suppliers seem to carry within their fragrance lines.  (For instance, I once ordered their Blueberry scent, which was a really nice and very appealing scent, but it wasn't a realistic blueberry.)  Of the ones on your list, the only one I might be cautious about (i.e., order smaller size) is the Hot Buttered Rum, as sometimes the buttery scents can be on the light side ... I've found that some caramel scents can be a bit more potent, yet still have that buttery feel.

That's great advice, thank you !

ive read about the WSP hot buttered rum being so good but it's so darn expensive:( 

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

That's great advice, thank you !

ive read about the WSP hot buttered rum being so good but it's so darn expensive:( 

It probably depends on if the scent is more butter scent or rum scent, hard to tell sometimes unless you try it out.  I bought a Vanilla-Caramel from Community when they were closing it out, and it is very strong, smelling like burnt caramel.  I see they now have a "Butterscotch and Bourbon" ... can't help but wonder what that one might be like.  I see they now have a Creme Brulee Caramel, I wonder if it's similar to the strong caramel I got from them before.  I've tried some caramels and they are just too smooth for candles, it seems, while others are very toasty!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 12:18 AM, birdcharm said:

It probably depends on if the scent is more butter scent or rum scent, hard to tell sometimes unless you try it out.  I bought a Vanilla-Caramel from Community when they were closing it out, and it is very strong, smelling like burnt caramel.  I see they now have a "Butterscotch and Bourbon" ... can't help but wonder what that one might be like.  I see they now have a Creme Brulee Caramel, I wonder if it's similar to the strong caramel I got from them before.  I've tried some caramels and they are just too smooth for candles, it seems, while others are very toasty!

I totally agree with you .This truly can turn into a very expensive hobby . My problem is I get a FO from one supplier then I;ll see it on another site and I want to compare lol !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Moonstar , I live in Australia and there is an awesome company here making all of their own waxes. They are called LUXURY CANDLE SUPPLY and the wax may also be listed under ALL SEASONS WAX. I am currently trialling their Cocosoy blend (A05) - it's so beautiful and creamy. They have also just released a new beeswax/soy blend and make a 100% pure soy wax with NO ADDITIVES that is killing it in the throw category (when cured min. 2 weeks). Their advice with most is to heat low and slow to around 70c , then pour when cloudy. I know they have just opened a place in London and so hope it will be available to you guys soon. I know that a very large USA company recently made their xmas candles using a blend of his waxes - they are changing the industry. If you go online maybe you can checkout their range ... and their glassware is beautiful! 

Edited by obsessed
  • Like 1