UV in tins....

I would say if you use it in your candle making, then yes, use it in tins too. The tops can still be exposed to UV Rays and turn, but also because by using them in your tins the same as you do your other candles, your process is consistent.  Just my thought though.  

Although I don't sell to stores, I've never used a UV inhibitor in any of my candles.  For my personal ones, I typically burn them before they might fade or discolor, but I have some around that certainly receive some daylight and going on two years old, there's no difference in color.  In container candles, I mostly just do specks or swirls of color, and many are left natural, but they are all scented.  So, why don't you put one aside as a test @Trappeur and make one without the inhibitor, keep it around for awhile and see what it does?  That way you'd know for sure if you're adding something that needs to be there.  My thoughts anyway!

Thank you Birdcharm....that's a good idea...I might do that just for the heck of it and see and I'll make one up in a scent for me.

Other than that I'll just add the uv since I do it to all my candles anyway....so no biggy!

Thanks!

Trappeur

Okay!  We'll look for your notes in a year or so! 

I guess I feel it could be worth it to know.  There are so many little steps in the procedure, that if it's possible to skip one if it absolutely won't hurt anything, then I'm the type to take the "lazy" way out!  😉