Bear Scents

You can't really go by the color of the FO. True, if it's a dark colored FO, it will discolor the wax some. However, perfectly clear FO can discolor as well. For instance, Lilac. Looks just like water, but will turn a white bear very orange over a week or so. Ask me how I know :mad: What I do now is test the combo. Add a bit of FO to wax, like tarts, but no color, then put it up for a while. If it hasn't discolored after a month, it shouldn't. The leftover lilac wax I'd had turned just as orange in the bowl as the bear did. So far, I haven't ran into any others that discolor that badly.

For my bears, Lavender is by far the most popular scent.

I saw a post once where someone colored the wax and dipped the bear and poured a matching pillar. The set was lavender now that I think about it. It was cute in my opinion, but haven't tried it myself. Coloring the wax therefore having a colored bear just might be the solution.?

I saw a post once where someone colored the wax and dipped the bear and poured a matching pillar. The set was lavender now that I think about it. It was cute in my opinion, but haven't tried it myself. Coloring the wax therefore having a colored bear just might be the solution.?

From my discoloring experience, there's NO way I'd color wax to dip a white bear in. Once the color on mine showed, I could see just how lopsided the wax saturation was. One half of him was pale orange, half dark orange. Not to mention all the places the wax had settled were much darker too. It's be a nightmare getting the color close to being even.

Thanks so much for all the information. I guess I will just keep trying different FO's. I like the looks of the white bears, so wanted to do some in floral scents, and that is why I tried the Gardenia, so bummed out it didn't work, but have other florals, I will try. Thanks again for all your help!! :)