Silk protein

Jeana

Back in July I bought some liquid silk protein from snow drift farms. It was only $32 for 16oz. That is expensive but now they charge $59 for 16oz.

I've been using it in my soap now and I really like it. But at the new price I can't keep using it. Does anyone know where to buy silk or liquid silk for a reasonable price?

I stopped by a fabric shop today and asked for silk. The woman began showing me all this really elegant and textured silk fabric. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was going to cut it up and desolve it in lye to make soap. It wasn't the kind to use in soap anyway though.

In my personal opinon, Tussah by a LONG shot! I bought an ounce for $2.75 thinking I'd use it up and then decide which I wanted to use. Let me tell you, an ounce filled a sandwich sized baggie and I only use a small amount per batch. The stuff lasts forever.

They both have their strong points.

I have the silk fibers, but don't use them too often.

I use the liquid because I soap 100% milk and my lye/milk never gets hot enough to melt it.

I like the fact that I can buy 1 product to do more than 1 thing. I use the liquid silk in my lotions and creams as well.

Very good points. I didn't think about how I would use the Tussah in lotions or milk soaps.

I think the best would be to have both on hand since the Tussah seems fairly inexpensive to buy.