What's up with scent throw?!

For a little while now I've been making soy candles and they haven't been giving off a good scent throw.. however when it's not lit it smells great! Strange twist :)

I've been using I've been using cargil p-1 soy for pillar and cargil c-3 soy for container. I'm almost positive I'm using the right amount of scent. I just don't understand why my candles smell so good when cold but doesn't when it's being burned..:waiting:

any idea why? maybe the wick? I don't know much about wicks, so if you think it's the wick.. or maybe even the wax.. any ideas?

heck, I finally got the cracking under control.. now it's the scent

Thanks all.

Lizzie

It could be the wick. I am not sure how it is burning for you but sometimes a change in a wick or even letting it cure for a while will help.

Also is there anyway you are getting candle nose? Try walking out of the room and come back in. See what that does for you.

For a little while now I've been making soy candles and they haven't been giving off a good scent throw.. however when it's not lit it smells great! Strange twist :)

I've been using I've been using cargil p-1 soy for pillar and cargil c-3 soy for container. I'm almost positive I'm using the right amount of scent. I just don't understand why my candles smell so good when cold but doesn't when it's being burned..:waiting:

any idea why? maybe the wick? I don't know much about wicks, so if you think it's the wick.. or maybe even the wax.. any ideas?

heck, I finally got the cracking under control.. now it's the scent

Thanks all.

Lizzie

Could be the wick or candle nose. I must say that I have candle nose :yay:

I made about a dozen candles one night (different scents) and none of them were strong ot me at the time.

It could be the wick, candle nose, not enough cure time, too much FO or not enough FO. Most FOs shouldn't need that long of a cure time to get some kind of throw out of them so if its cured for a bit, my guess would be the cure time should be OK. I don't use your wax but I would start with the wick since you say you are pretty sure you have the right amount of FO. What kind and size of wicks are you using? You might just need a different size or a different type all together. I have some FOs that I use different wicks with and some that I use a different size.

It could also be the melting pool is not getting hot enough to give off

a good scent throw because of the diameter size of the container.

Even though my melting pool was melted all around, it still wasn't

getting hot enough. I stay with a 2 1/2 inch diameter or less

container with the wicks I have.

I stay loyal to my supplier and use all her products. She can only

advise me when using her products. Every problem she has had,

she knows how to correct it. Am I making sense?