Ran out of masterbatch! UGH

I thought I had at least 1 more 5gallon bucket of masterbatch so I just could continue on my merry way today with soaping - Umm, I opened what I thought was a full bucket of masterbatched oils to find it completely empty and sparking clean. LOL 

I have no idea how that happened. I guess if I kept better track of my inventory this wouldn't happen. 

I *think* I have enough oils to masterbatch a 25lb batch (1 5 gallon bucket worth) but will have to see. If not I guess my soapmaking for this week is over. *sigh* 

16 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Find the limiting quantity ingredient and make as much as you can I say! When you’re on a roll you keep moving onward! 🏋🏻‍♀️🏇🏻🚀

That's exactly what I'm going to do. However, every oil is in limiting quantity. LOL I try to buy quantities that fit my recipe so I only have a little of a few oils left over once all my masterbatching throughout the year is done. 

I was going to put in another HUGE order (as I do about once or twice a year) on Friday. Might rethink and put the order in tomorrow. 

Not like I'll be able to do anything with them one way or another until after I get back from my quick trip to NOLA on the 13th - 16th.. 

22 hours ago, Candybee said:

I'm down to masterbatching just for the day's soaping needs. Found I hate MB in batches of 50 lbs or more. 20 lbs for the day is just simpler and easier for me. MB 50 lbs just exhausts me.

I can do 150-200 lbs in about 2.5 hours, so I don't mind doing it. I just have to have the oils to do it with. LOL 

• Like 1