What is it about status jars....

What is it about status jars that no matter what I put in them, I am always between wick sizes?  Geez.  Palm wax....RRD 37 is too small, but RRD 40 is too big.  CSN 12 is too small, CSN 14 is too big.

I had this problem with the wicks I was using in 4630, so I switched to zinc which was marginally better, but still....half the time 51z is too small, 60z is too big.  Same with LX.  LX20 is too small, LX22 is too big.   And on and on and on.  I hate these jars, but they outsell everything else I put on the shelf. 

The CSN 12 sounds about right, wish I didn't lose that computer hard drive from when I made palm in those jars. I'm sure others do Palm in status jars.  Only way you'll really get in between size is to try the Premiers, they are the only wicks that I know of  that sizes are so close together.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

The CSN 12 sounds about right, wish I didn't lose that computer hard drive from when I made palm in those jars. I'm sure others do Palm in status jars.  Only way you'll really get in between size is to try the Premiers, they are the only wicks that I know of  that sizes are so close together.

Thank you.  I really should drag out the premiers.  I've got nothing to lose at this point.

A CSN 12 is perfect in a mason jar, and a CSN 14 is perfect in a 16oz salsa jar, but nothing is great with a status jar which is directly between the two. So frustrating.

• Like 1