BNL Oils

mysticglow

Hi,

I use all three. The Olive Blossom is a light scent but I like it. I have only used the one from BNL but I have read where others have said that it is just one of those lighter scents in general -- not sure.

Vanilla Sandalwood is very nice and has a medium to strong throw in paraffin. It was a little too light for me in the soy, but I should test it again. I have not yet tested it in a 50/50 (soy/para).

Warm Vanilla Sugar is great in both soy and paraffn. Great throw.

I like of a lot of Lori's oils. Her Persimmon Spice is wonderful. I also use her Blueberry Verbena -- very strong in both soy and paraffin. Her Lemon Merigue Pie is good too. I have only used this one in paraffin so far. Rosemary Spearmint (or it may be mint) is very good too and has a great throw in soy. I also use her Eucalyptus Spearmint which is great. However, I think I am partial to WSP's version. I have been using BNL's version since it is less expensive and is good. I may switch over to WSP's but stay with BNL's Rosemary Mint. Her Ginger Lime is good too. I has a great throw in paraffin but was too light for me in soy -- may test it again.

Oh, her, Vanilla Spice is wonderful too. I am addicted to this scent. It is not real strong but good for a vanilla. It has a decent throw in soy. I need to test it in the 50/50 in my bigger jars with two wicks to be able to compare the throws with the waxes.

~Holly :)

I have used all three. The WVS is almost a perfect dupe to the B&BW version, at least to my nose. They are not weak scents, but are instead naturally light scents (at least the WVS is). The WVS has a musk tone to it. The Vanilla Sandalwood did not seem like a light scent to me at all. I generally do not like sandalwood, but this one I like. The vanilla really softens the sharpness of the sandalwood. The olive blossom is very unique scent that I think is probably a love/hate thing. I liked it, everyone else who smelled it thought I was nuts, lol. And FYI I usually hate florals! All three of them threw extremely well for me in J223.

Lori has wonderful oils! Other "must trys" if you haven't already are her Cucumber Melon, Sweet Pea, Plumeria, Persimmon Spice, Cookie Jar, Euculyptus Spearmint, and Rosemary Mint. Her Lavender Basil is also really nice. IMO her Cucumber Melon and Sweet Pea are the best dupes available. The only one I have tried that I really did not care for at all was the Warm Apple Pie.

I can't evaluate those oils, but out of the 6 or 7 I got from her during one of her sales, I've liked all but one. The one I didn't like just wasn't my kind of scent, but others liked it. I think she's got very good oils and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

LOL...I always have to be different. I think her oils are good for B&B but not strong enough for candles. The only one I use is Gentlemans Bay Rum in B&B.

I looked for the Gentleman's Bay Rum on BNL's site but I didn't find it. :confused:

Maybe I'll go take another look.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. :cheesy2:

I'd love to try her Buttermilk Pancakes but it's always out of stock. And her Cucumber Melon and her Warm Vanilla Sugar. I do think Lori has the best Amber Romance on the market. I also use her Lime Basil (it's awesome in lotions). Olive Blossom is a very nice scent and does great in CP. And my very favorite from there is her Spice Vanilla. This one I burn constantly. It does great in a 50/50 blend.

I looked for the Gentleman's Bay Rum on BNL's site but I didn't find it. :confused:

Maybe I'll go take another look.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. :cheesy2:

I couldn't find it either. I have emailed the company and asked about it but have not recieved any answer back. Since the new site was put up, there isn't an OOS list and GBR isn't even on any of the FO lists. Other FOs that are sold out are noted as being sold out. I sure hope it hasn't been discontinued because I just love it. It smells so wonderful in soap.

I couldn't find it either. I have emailed the company and asked about it but have not recieved any answer back. Since the new site was put up, there isn't an OOS list and GBR isn't even on any of the FO lists. Other FOs that are sold out are noted as being sold out. I sure hope it hasn't been discontinued because I just love it. It smells so wonderful in soap.

Did you ever find out about the GBR?