Can soap colorant be used in candles?

No, it is not a good idea to use soap colorants in candles. They are designed completely different and the oxide powder may have trouble dispersing in the wax and worst case scenario it could clog your wick and cause burning issues. You will want to stick to colorants designed specifically for candles. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Testing123 said:

Hello I have an opportunity to get some soap colorant from a friend. I am wondering if this can be used in candles. It is Oxide Pigment Powder. Her supply is from WSP. Links for references.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/matte-americana-red-oxide-pigment-powder.aspx

As others have said, pigments will clog your wick and your candle will not burn correctly. Also pigments don't really color the wax, and could end up sinking to the bottom of the jar/mold depending on how slowly they cool. 

I agree with Candy about getting the free stuff though, you never know when you might want to use it in other applications. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...