Welcome from Maine

Hello Everyone,

I am happy I found this site. I have been making and selling natural bath and body products since 2012 which I call Soap-in-a-pouch  and I recently started making soy candles. I am still I the trial and error process. Fighting with frosting, deciding whether or not to color and which fragrance and/or essential oils to use. I love it and hope that it will be my main source of income one day. As of now I work full-time nights as an RN and make my products on my nights off. I hope to learn much from this site. Looking forward to conversing with many of you!   Creativelycc

Welcome Creativelycc...."Mainer" here too.....headed back to Maine hopefully by end of the year or sooner!

Where are you at in Maine?  I'm headed back to Sanford/Parsonsfield area....

You came to the correct forum on the net.  Great people here and sooooooooooo KNOWLEGEABLE!

TRAPPEUR

Hi Trappeur,

So good to hear from you! Thank you for the welcome. I live in Westfield, Maine in Aroostook County. I've been living up here for 24 years. I am originally from Queens, New York but I love it in Maine. I do like this group and am so happy to be here!

Creativelycc

Morning Lycc,

You'll have to put some pictures up here so we can see what your making.  We all LOVE pictures!

I think you will find in making candles you will need to sway towards the fragrance oils and not essential oils.

What waxes are you using?    And jars?

When I started making candles over 12 plus years ago I used to color my candles, frosting was always the culprit for me.  I have since gone "au naturelle" and never looked back.  The natural color for me is wonderful and goes with everything.  Don't get me wrong, colors are beautiful but if you are using soy, you will always have to deal with frosting in my experience. 

I used to use c3 for umpteen years and now use 464.

Aroostook county in Maine is beautiful and great pricing as far as homes go, but my sisters live in Sanford and Parsonfield and that is where I will be going.  

Trappeur.

Hi Trappeur,

Yes, I will definitely put some pictures up in the next few days. I am experimenting with 464, 444 and 415. I like 415 for my essential oil candles and 464 and 444 for my fragrance candles. They all came out good except for the frosting with coloring. I think like you I will probably end up going all natural because the frosting is so disappointing. I got some nice jars form uline.com  I use the same ones for my sugar scrubs and body butters I sell on my website and Etsy. They are 8oz straight edge jars that come with a lid. Do you sell your candles? Aroostook County is a beautiful place, I love the peacefulness nere. I have never been to Sanford and Parsonfield. Is that near Portland?

Creativelycc