Does Anyone Have This Mold? Single Wick?

I bought this mold, and I actually thought it would be smaller. SO, it only has one wick hole and I'm concerned about whether the large amount of wax it will take to fill it will actually burn with only one wick? Has anyone made and burned this one? 346.jpg

With Paraffin wax you may be able to get away with a single wick. Not sure you would get a good burn with soy wax with one wick. It's a different shape so regardless of what wick you use or wax for that matter, I'm not sure you would get a great burn. This may do better as an ornamental candle. However, I'm curious to see your results and would love to see updates as you test it!

It has to be paraffin, soy wax (unblended) needs to be in a container. It just seemed odd that there was only one wick hole in this mold. I'm going to try a zinc wick on this one, and see what kind of a burn I get. 

When I first started making candles, I went toward the exotic type molds and quickly learned that I needed to master the ''average''  molds.......basically the 3in molds.  Once I learned how the wax and FO worked in the '''''average'''' mold then I ventured out to molds of different shapes.

There are many molds that are unique in shape, but for the Newbie, they are nothing more that a PITA.  My suggestion is to start with a 3"  round mold for pillars...pour the pillars, burn them and go from there.....1st thing is how to produce good pillar.........then, from there you can experiment with different shapes of molds..............learn the basics first and expand from there........if that makes any sense :-)

• Like 2

Well, leave it to me to do it azz backwards! LOL! I guess I was admiring all those beautiful pillars in the candle gallery, and jumped right in to it! Guess I've always had an adventurous spirit :lol:  

I have the mold, but have only poured it a couple of times, and it did not burn great, but not bad.

I think most people who buy candles in odd shapes such as these actually buy them for decoration rather than for functional use, however, it's always good to have it burn properly. 

Way back when I first started experimenting with candles, I just had to have all the unique/weird shaped molds and soon found that they really didn't give the burn that I wanted to be proud of......decorative candles are so different from the ones that you want to have a good throw.  I might go out to the shed and pull out all the ''different'' molds that I have accumulated over the years.........being a Newbie, ya just want to try out everything and that's ok.....because it's all a learning experience that will lead you to your heart's desire as far as creating beautiful pillars.  Whatever you have a vision of, go for it......kwim?

I chose the different shapes because I love them, and I believe that my customers will, too! I did have the notion that wicking them would be a challenge, but that's okay. My incense buyers will love them, many are artsy/eclectic loving consumers from all over the country. It shows in my clothing sales. (Had a huge run on incense today, they bought bags at a time because it's nearing the end of the season and they just don't want to be without it, and I am truly honored by that!) They love my stuff, and I go "to the ends of the earth" to find them. :D  Yes, and it's so much fun to find them, too!