Opinions on Aztec's Top 10 Skin Safe FO's Please

GailC

I have used some of the FO's Aztec has listed in their Black Friday sale and like them.  Blueberry Cobbler, Love Spell and Creme Brulee are all good ones to me.  And I have a sample bottle of Volcano Capri Blue that smells nice, but I haven't ordered a large bottle because I don't know that I need more fruity FO's.  Well for a good price, I might.  :) 

I get Eucalyptus & Spearmint, Monkey Farts and Black Raspberry & Vanilla from NG.  All have been popular with customers, especially Eucalyptus & Spearmint.  So I am hesitant to try Aztec's version of these, since I know NG's are good.

Any reviews of these scents?  TIA.

Edited by GailC

Hi Gail.  I personally haven't used ANY of Aztecs FO's. However, I asked a good friend of mine who has been making B&B products and wax melts for about 5 years.... She told me that the following are great in both B&B and wax products. 

Blueberry Cobbler

Monkey Farts

Butt Naked

BRV

She also stated Birthday Cake isn't a realistic cake but it's good for what it is. More of a frosting vanilla type.

And then the Eucalyptus & Spearmint is okay it's just more heavy on Mint than Eucalyptus.

She was adamant about not getting their Love Spell (she knows my taste in FO) saying that it's definitely not a good one.  

Anyways, I hope this helps you out a bit at least.   😇

Edited by Marleigha

28 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

Hi Gail.  I personally haven't used ANY of Aztecs FO's. However, I asked a good friend of mine who has been making B&B products and wax melts for about 5 years.... She told me that the following are great in both B&B and wax products. 

Blueberry Cobbler

Monkey Farts

Butt Naked

BRV

She also stated Birthday Cake isn't a realistic cake but it's good for what it is. More of a frosting vanilla type.

And then the Eucalyptus & Spearmint is okay it's just more heavy on Mint than Eucalyptus.

She was adamant about not getting their Love Spell (she knows my taste in FO) saying that it's definitely not a good one.  

Who's Love Spell do you use ? Ive only tried/used the one from CS.

7 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Blueberry Cobbler

Monkey Farts

Butt Naked

BRV

Thanks so much!  I have the Blueberry Cobbler and it is good.  I think I'll try their Monkey Farts and BRV.  I don't care for the Butt Naked Sample I got from another supplier because I mostly smelled cherry and I'm not a cherry fan.

And I'm glad to get the info about Eucalyptus & Spearmint.  I have sold so much of that fragrance from Nature's Garden.  My sister wanted that one for her birthday out of all I had. I am out now and have a request for more.  I should stick with a known good thing.

But as for Love Spell from Aztec, I  used up a 16 oz bottle, and liked it pretty well, and so did others.  It's a nice fruity fragrance and I like fruity. When I ran out, I ordered some from NG, so I don't need any more yet.  I may order some more though because of the good price.

On 11/18/2017 at 2:07 AM, Moonstar said:

My absolute favorite Love Spell is from NG.  Although they call theirs NG Loving Spell.  We also did a blind test with a few different Love Spell FO's and NG Loving Spell took it OOB with all but one.  👍🏼  HTH

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GailC said:

Thanks so much!  I have the Blueberry Cobbler and it is good.  I think I'll try their Monkey Farts and BRV.  I don't care for the Butt Naked Sample I got from another supplier because I mostly smelled cherry and I'm not a cherry fan.

And I'm glad to get the info about Eucalyptus & Spearmint.  I have sold so much of that fragrance from Nature's Garden.  My sister wanted that one for her birthday out of all I had. I am out now and have a request for more.  I should stick with a known good thing.

But as for Love Spell from Aztec, I  used up a 16 oz bottle, and liked it pretty well, and so did others.  It's a nice fruity fragrance and I like fruity. When I ran out, I ordered some from NG, so I don't need any more yet.  I may order some more though because of the good price.

Ahhh... Good to hear your feedback on Aztec 's Love Spell.  It's so weird how each individual likes different things and yet some of the same things.  What kind of wax do you use?

I also have and LOVE the NG Eucalyptus & Spearmint!  Such a nice balanced FO.  If you do try the E&S from Aztec you will have to update me.  👍🏼  

I have NG Butt Naked and I do really enjoy it.  I get a nice blend of all of the fruits.  This one certainly isn't heavy on cherry.  

I just went to check the destash oils I got from my friend and funny enough.... There's actually 2 Aztec FO's in the box!  LOL. One is Bahama Fizz and the other Monkey Farts.  OOB I really like the Monkey Farts!  And actually the Bahama Fizz is nice too.  Hmm... Good to know!

So you really enjoy the Blueberry Cobbler? Have you tried any other BB Cobbler FO's and liked them more?  

As as far as Aztec Oils are concerned what are your top 10 FO's from them?  

Anyone else have favs from Aztec?  Looks like they will be selling their top 10 for $11 a bottle!?!?!!!!!  Wowzers!  Great price!  What are everyone's suggestions from there?  😇

@Marleigha I use GW444 soy was. My favorite Blueberry Cobbler is from Cierra.  But Aztec's is good too.  I just sniffed both of them and there's really not a lot of difference.  Cierra's is a little 'richer' maybe. But if I needed any, I would buy Aztec's during the sale because you can't beat that price.

I sniffed the pack of Love Spell melts I still have that I made with Aztec's FO and compared it to the bottle of Loving Spell I have from NG and they smell virtually the same to me.  I am going to buy another bottle of Aztec's because that scent is a good seller for me.  

Let's see, my top 10 from Aztec.  I have bought 42 of theirs and like  most of them.

For the holidays, Victorian Christmas and Mistletoe Kiss did well for me last year. 

Here's my top 10 of non Christmas scents. 

1. Leaves! - boy, do people like this one!  I don't know if it's just the scent or the new frosted jar I used with a pretty dust cover with leaves on it.

2. Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar

3. Cantaloupe & Lily - one of my favorite spring/summer smells for myself

4. Caramel Pecan Pie 

5. Blueberry Cobbler

6. Applejack & Peel

7. Citrus Fantasy

8. Love Spell

9. Georgia Peach

10. Vermont Honey Apple

I think that's the order I like them in.  :)  Others that customers and/or I like are Orange Blossom, Forever Red, Bayside Marina, Squirrelly Nut, Creme Brulee, and this year I tried the new Peaches & Pumpkin Patch. It's different and I really like it.

10 hours ago, GailC said:

@Marleigha I use GW444 soy was. My favorite Blueberry Cobbler is from Cierra.  But Aztec's is good too.  I just sniffed both of them and there's really not a lot of difference.  Cierra's is a little 'richer' maybe. But if I needed any, I would buy Aztec's during the sale because you can't beat that price.

I sniffed the pack of Love Spell melts I still have that I made with Aztec's FO and compared it to the bottle of Loving Spell I have from NG and they smell virtually the same to me.  I am going to buy another bottle of Aztec's because that scent is a good seller for me.  

Let's see, my top 10 from Aztec.  I have bought 42 of theirs and like  most of them.

For the holidays, Victorian Christmas and Mistletoe Kiss did well for me last year. 

Here's my top 10 of non Christmas scents. 

1. Leaves! - boy, do people like this one!  I don't know if it's just the scent or the new frosted jar I used with a pretty dust cover with leaves on it.

2. Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar

3. Cantaloupe & Lily - one of my favorite spring/summer smells for myself

4. Caramel Pecan Pie 

5. Blueberry Cobbler

6. Applejack & Peel

7. Citrus Fantasy

8. Love Spell

9. Georgia Peach

10. Vermont Honey Apple

I think that's the order I like them in.  :)  Others that customers and/or I like are Orange Blossom, Forever Red, Bayside Marina, Squirrelly Nut, Creme Brulee, and this year I tried the new Peaches & Pumpkin Patch. It's different and I really like it.

Hmmm..... Thank you for the heads up on that.  For $11 I may just grab some of that one too.  But I will be getting Blueberry Cobbler, Volcano, BRV and possibly more monkey farts.  But now that I see your list I may also try the Vermont Honey Apple and Cateloupe send Sweet Lily.  Thank you for sharing!  Much appreciated.  Do you know of any other Black Friday sales?  

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:07 AM, Moonstar said:

I too use the Love Spell from NG.  I have several Love Spell fans and I bought it from 4-5 different suppliers and let them decide.  They all picked the NG version so that's what I've stuck to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else have some good suggestions for Aztec FO's?  I'm placing an order today before the sale ends hopefully...  I just need some guidance especially with BBW Yankee and Lush dupes from Aztec.  Thanks in advance, ladies and gents 😇

Has anyone tried the following:

Driftwood Island 

Forever Red

Sparkling Pear Riesling

Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow 

Hawaiian Hibiscus

Citron Cedarwood

Vermont Honey Apple

Cantaloupe & Lily 

Sex Bomb

Flying Fox

Blueberry Cobbler

bayside Marina 

Black Coconut Yankee Type 

Cactus & Sea Salt

Cottage Breeze Yankee Type

Pink Sands

Hello Beautiful 

Thanks so much everyone!  

@Marleigha, the only one on your list that I have tried is the Flying Fox dupe. It is very floral, heavy on the carnations, supported by a light musk and a sweet dry down, but the floral is what smacks you in the nostrils first. I got it thinking my middle daughter might like it, as she generally gravitates toward florals, but it was a little much for her. I might try it again in the summer, with the windows open and the air moving it might not be so overwhelming. It could make a nice soap or lotion if you really love florals for those applications. 

Sorry I can't help with anything else, I am super picky about dupes, I rarely buy them because I usually hate the originals! 😆

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Anyone else have some good suggestions for Aztec FO's?  I'm placing an order today before the sale ends hopefully...  I just need some guidance especially with BBW Yankee and Lush dupes from Aztec.  Thanks in advance, ladies and gents 😇

Has anyone tried the following:

Driftwood Island 

Forever Red - not my very favorite but some customers like it

Sparkling Pear Riesling

Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow - a pretty good seller.  I like it because it's not overpoweringly pumpkin

Hawaiian Hibiscus

Citron Cedarwood - I only have a sample of this one.  I almost bought a big bottle but I need to use some of my other 'masculine' type scents first.  

Vermont Honey Apple - this one is unique.  A pretty good seller

Cantaloupe & Lily - I personally LOVE this one. One of my favorites for spring/summer

Sex Bomb

Flying Fox

Blueberry Cobbler - Good!

Bayside Marina - one of the best ocean type scents to me.  I am out but am waiting until I use some of the other oceans/seasides I still have

Black Coconut Yankee Type 

Cactus & Sea Salt - Also have a sample of this one, and almost bought a bottle.  It is very nice I think, but I have Sea Grass & Sand Dunes and Sun & Sand from other companies.

Cottage Breeze Yankee Type - I have this one from Nature's Garden and really like it. Haven't tried Aztec's though

Pink Sands

Hello Beautiful 

Thanks so much everyone!  

My very favorite on your list is Cantaloupe & Lily.  Leaves is awesome too and oh so popular.  Aztec has a lot of good oils I think.

• Thanks 1

I am seriously so bummed!  And probably one of the biggest airheads.... 🙄  I MISSED AZTEC'S BLACK FRIDAY SALE!  I thought it was until tonight at midnight so I just was gonna come here and see if anyone had made suggestions and then go place my order.  But much to my surprise, I go to the website and see the Black Friday link that they had on their site gone.  😪  Does Aztec have other sales?  I seen a YouTube video where the lady said they were having a 33% off sale?  When does that usually happen?  Ugh!  Just my luck... 

@Marleigha oh man, what a shame.  They do have other sales during the year....I was so distraught last March I think it was, when they had an awesome sale for their anniversary...like 35% off or something.  I totally missed the email.

Did you at least get in on the Fragrance Buddy sale?  It's even better than Aztec's to me. 25% off on all their FO's, not just a few select ones.  And free shipping if you order $100 before the 25% off.

2 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Wow no.... I don't see where there is 25% off with FB?  Is it still going on or is there a code you have to enter?  

Yes, it's on their facebook page, plus I got an email. I will PM you the code.  The sale probably ends at midnight.  So hurry!

Edited by GailC

Received my order from Aztec yesterday!  I was surprised to get it so promptly since they were running a sale.

No surprises really.  I restocked some fragrances I usually get from NG, and they smell quite similar OOB.  

I do NOT like those plugs they put in the bottles to keep them from leaking.  I wrestled with one for quite a while.  I had my daughter do some when she got home and she got some Cantaloupe and Lily on herself.  Boy, did she smell good!  I love that fragrance. One of my very favorites for summer.  

I got one special that is new for me; Volcano.  I had a sample so I knew I  liked it.  I also had gotten a sample of French Lavender & Honey, so ordered a large bottle of that.  I'm not really a lavender candle fan, but I do like this scent.

I liked 2 out of 3 of the free samples I chose.  So one of these days, I want to order Island Spa and Brazilian Coffee & Pure Cane.  What a name though.  I'm not putting all that on a label!

Now to wait for my orders from Candlewic, FB, and Cierra.  :) 

23 minutes ago, GailC said:

Received my order from Aztec yesterday!  I was surprised to get it so promptly since they were running a sale.

No surprises really.  I restocked some fragrances I usually get from NG, and they smell quite similar OOB.  

I do NOT like those plugs they put in the bottles to keep them from leaking.  I wrestled with one for quite a while.  I had my daughter do some when she got home and she got some Cantaloupe and Lily on herself.  Boy, did she smell good!  I love that fragrance. One of my very favorites for summer.  

I got one special that is new for me; Volcano.  I had a sample so I knew I  liked it.  I also had gotten a sample of French Lavender & Honey, so ordered a large bottle of that.  I'm not really a lavender candle fan, but I do like this scent.

I liked 2 out of 3 of the free samples I chose.  So one of these days, I want to order Island Spa and Brazilian Coffee & Pure Cane.  What a name though.  I'm not putting all that on a label!

Gail what are some good ones from Cierra ? I do not need another supplier ,however I liked many I saw on their site .Do you have any recommendations? Thanks in advance 😀

2 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Gail what are some good ones from Cierra ? I do not need another supplier ,however I liked many I saw on their site .Do you have any recommendations? Thanks in advance 😀

Oh, but their sale was yesterday.  :(   I hadn't ordered from them in awhile since I've added so many new suppliers. One of my favorites, Sea Island Cotton,  had really gone up in price.  But with the sale, I decided to order some more.

Others I like are:

Home Sweet Home

Blueberry Cobbler - the best!

Caramel Apple Butter

butterscotch Brulee

Pumpkin Pecan Waffle

Vanilla Bean

I wasn't crazy about Midnight Jasmine because I don't like floral scents, but some customers liked it.  I won't order any more Twilight Woods either.  And I can't stand Autumn Lodge and it didn't sell well either.  But I can't find a smokey smelling FO I do like, so others might like it.

I am trying several new ones, so we shall see.  I wanted to get the free shipping.  :) 

10 hours ago, GailC said:

Brazilian coffee purecane is wonderful ,smells like coffee ,cream and sugar .I do not care for coffee scents ,with this one being a exception.I do love the aroma this one puts out & not overly strong like pure black coffee .You can actually smell the sweetness ,it is the only coffee scent I use .I can send you a sample if you want to try it 😀 The Coffee Shoppe is a good name ,smells just like one .I love Aztecs Volcano ,it is a great dupe of the Capri blue .It is similar to fruit slices with a hint more greenery .I love the new Black strap Molasses so impressed with this one .In my opinion it's hard to beat Candlewics maple butter ,but this scent does IMO.I will still keep both .I have a new one coming from Candlewic ,hope it is a good one White Berry & Balsam ,think that's the correct name .Looking forward to this scent for the winter season ,hope it's a good one .Have you tried it? I love alot of CW scents .

11 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Brazilian coffee purecane is wonderful ,smells like coffee ,cream and sugar .I do not care for coffee scents ,with this one being a exception.I do love the aroma this one puts out & not overly strong like pure black coffee .You can actually smell the sweetness ,it is the only coffee scent I use .I can send you a sample if you want to try it 😀 The Coffee Shoppe is a good name ,smells just like one .I love Aztecs Volcano ,it is a great dupe of the Capri blue .It is similar to fruit slices with a hint more greenery .I love the new Black strap Molasses so impressed with this one .In my opinion it's hard to beat Candlewics maple butter ,but this scent does IMO.I will still keep both .I have a new one coming from Candlewic ,hope it is a good one White Berry & Balsam ,think that's the correct name .Looking forward to this scent for the winter season ,hope it's a good one .Have you tried it? I love alot of CW scents .

Thanks for the offer, but I picked the Brazilian coffee as one of my free samples.  That's why I want to order a large bottle one of these days.  I like the name 'Coffee Shoppe'.  Thanks!

I am getting 3 new coffee fragrances this week.  Espresso Latte from Candlewic (I have a sample and like it), Cappuccino Espresso from FB, and Vanilla Latte from Cierra.

Let's see how they stack up against RE's Spiced Pumpkin Latte and Caramel Cafe.  I was burning my Spiced Pumpkin Latte candle last night and it just smells wonderful, but I really don't smell any pumpkin.  

I might add a little caramel to one of the new ones I'm getting after I run out of Caramel Cafe.  

I haven't tried the White Berry & Balsam from Candlewic.  I have White Mulberry & Cedar, is that the one you mean?   I really like it but have had mixed reviews from my family so far. I also love a lot of Candlewic's scents.  And their little sales. I'm getting 50 free clamshells.  Also like their FedEx shipping for wax.

2 hours ago, GailC said:

Thanks for the offer, but I picked the Brazilian coffee as one of my free samples.  That's why I want to order a large bottle one of these days.  I like the name 'Coffee Shoppe'.  Thanks!

I am getting 3 new coffee fragrances this week.  Espresso Latte from Candlewic (I have a sample and like it), Cappuccino Espresso from FB, and Vanilla Latte from Cierra.

Let's see how they stack up against RE's Spiced Pumpkin Latte and Caramel Cafe.  I was burning my Spiced Pumpkin Latte candle last night and it just smells wonderful, but I really don't smell any pumpkin.  

I might add a little caramel to one of the new ones I'm getting after I run out of Caramel Cafe.  

I haven't tried the White Berry & Balsam from Candlewic.  I have White Mulberry & Cedar, is that the one you mean?   I really like it but have had mixed reviews from my family so far. I also love a lot of Candlewic's scents.  And their little sales. I'm getting 50 free clamshells.  Also like their FedEx shipping for wax.

Gail ,Yes it is White Berry Balsam ,under the ultimate & bold.I have the White mulberry & Cedar ,your correct it is a mean one lol.Love the term you used to describe that one.I get more cedar with this one & it screams for sure.I may add some Fragrance Buddy mulberry to this one & bring out the Berry if possible lol.I do like Aztecs coffee ,so sweet aroma. I also ordered Silver Fir and Snowflake from CW. By the time I get all these winter oils in the wax ,spring will arrive . I think it is just Non sense the oils I have accumulated ,so little will power .The sales are hard to resist .I grab most every intro that Aztec adds .I do like most ,have some I am going to donate thou .The Women & Children's shelter is always in need of oils for their fund raisers ,so I am helping with something good .I am looking forward to CW order and FB this week. Yes label the Aztec as The Coffee Shoppe ,works for me.I have never tried RE , heard great reviews thou .I need to give up a few suppliers already lol😀

• Like 1