The Candlemakers Store

Kerven

I've been browsing through the holiday blends in the Yankee mixology lists and saw a few things that looked interesting. Now, I'm on the hunt for Yankee dupes and came across The Candlemakers Store. They have over 100 dupes... and I'm overwhelmed, especially so since they don't have descriptions and ratings/reviews.

Has anyone tried their Yankee dupes? Are they close to the real fragrances? Is the quality adequate? Anything I should be aware of before placing an order?

I have bought a few FO's from the Candlemaker's Store, but only one YC dupe, Pink Sands.  It is good, but don't know how it compares to YC because I haven't smelled them both at the same time.  :)

I knew I had read one time that someone on here likes a lot of TCS's FO's but not the dupes. I found the post and here is the link.  

I have bought YC dupes here and there.  Love Cierra Candle's Home Sweet Home.  I have a few YC type spring/summer FO's from Candlewic.  Berry Tangerine is a favorite of mine.

Nature's Garden also has some dupes.  I like their Cottage Breeze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kerven said:

I've been browsing through the holiday blends in the Yankee mixology lists and saw a few things that looked interesting. Now, I'm on the hunt for Yankee dupes and came across The Candlemakers Store. They have over 100 dupes... and I'm overwhelmed, especially so since they don't have descriptions and ratings/reviews.

Has anyone tried their Yankee dupes? Are they close to the real fragrances? Is the quality adequate? Anything I should be aware of before placing an order?

Yes thier products are good quality. Some dupes spot on, others not. Just about like every other company, just have to try them. But I would recommend thier products overall. 

Note, I put in a compliant to thier company a few months back about the lack of scent descriptions. Since then, they have added some descriptions. Guess not on these. I did tell them how frustrating is was on our side. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nickie said:

Yes thier products are good quality. Some dupes spot on, others not. Just about like every other company, just have to try them. But I would recommend thier products overall. 

Note, I put in a compliant to thier company a few months back about the lack of scent descriptions. Since then, they have added some descriptions. Guess not on these. I did tell them how frustrating is was on our side. 

Awesome! I know they say scent is subjective and everyone discerns fragrances differently and blah, blah. But throw us a bone here! It's very frustrating indeed!

And yes, their products are good quality and they have great FOs, but I've been most disappointed with their dupes. Most that I've smelled aren't even close!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What gets me the most are the pictures used for the scents, especially when there isn't a description. I see a nice beach, the name includes something along the lines of "ocean spray" or "seaside breeze" (just an example), and I think it'll smell "beachy"... but it turns out to be a 100% citrus scent. Frustrating. I'm a sucker for the pictures.

I was a little skeptical about their dupes which is why I asked. Over 200 dupes of a single company's scents... Eh... I'll give a few a try and see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

The best yank dupes are WSP - every one  I bought are perfect - I don't use many yanks dupes but I would think they all would be prettt spot on

cms oils I wasn't impressed in soy at all, they smelled cheap and weak to my nose 

Good to know! 

Kerven I said this based on my use of all paraffin. 

3 hours ago, Faerywren said:

Awesome! I know they say scent is subjective and everyone discerns fragrances differently and blah, blah. But throw us a bone here! It's very frustrating indeed!

And yes, their products are good quality and they have great FOs, but I've been most disappointed with their dupes. Most that I've smelled aren't even close!

That was the bs line they gave me....scents are all subjective. I responded with yes, to some degree, but that all scents are made with certain notes and that is all we were wanting from them. 

I agree about be being utterly frustrating!  And I explained that to them too and also said most makers wouldn't purchase from them with NO description. Less than two weeks later I started seeing some descriptions. Maybe they are still working on getting them uploaded. We can only hope. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nickie said:

That was the bs line they gave me....scents are all subjective. I responded with yes, to some degree, but that all scents are made with certain notes and that is all we were wanting from them. 

I agree about be being utterly frustrating!  And I explained that to them too and also said most makers wouldn't purchase from them with NO description. Less than two weeks later I started seeing some descriptions. Maybe they are still working on getting them uploaded. We can only hope. 

Yay!  I'm glad you spoke to them about scent descriptions.  I went and looked and a few I clicked on had brief descriptions, which is a lot better than nothing.  Apple Pumpkin is pretty self explanatory, but it was nice to read what Autumn Leaves smelled like.  :)  

They have so many FO's it's overwhelming.  And until now,  no descriptions or reviews that I've ever seen.  I do get to sniff samples when I drive over there and jot them down for a possible later purchase.  

Someone has a major undertaking,  if they add scent descriptions to over 1000 FO's.  I wish them well.  :)

• Haha 1