How to Ship Product

Can anyone offer insight on how to ship candles? They are about 6 inches or so tall and 10 inches in circumference. They are not very light. Flat rate would cost about 12 $ but I'm not sure if there is a cheaper way that would be better for my customers. Suggestions welcome ! 

I usually start ship price comparisons with usps. Along with flat rate, They have regional rate boxes which can save a bundle.  If the zip codes you ship to are within a region or two, their priority shipping is often competitive, but you have to really look. 

Ups can be OK for close addresses for things too large for usps to be competitive. Register for an account to see savings. I registered through an affiliate link with my insurance carrier and got a decent rate. 

When more than a few lbs, I find fedex to be really competitive. I registered online and ended up with quite a few perks once their customer service person called me. 

The shipper i print usps labels through, goshippo.com, sometimes has promos for joining. Their pricing tiers are similar to other online shippers, like endicia or stamps.com, but with It the monthly fees. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 11:47 AM, birdcharm said:

How many of them are you shipping?  How far away is your customer from you?

Sorry I Just saw your response! I was asking in general. I can imagine my family in NC and TX will want some along with other people in Florida who don't live in the same city... It was more of a generic question for now but I would like to give some of my friends and family the option to purchase when I'm ready :)

On 10/29/2017 at 12:47 PM, TallTayl said:

I usually start ship price comparisons with usps. Along with flat rate, They have regional rate boxes which can save a bundle.  If the zip codes you ship to are within a region or two, their priority shipping is often competitive, but you have to really look. 

Ups can be OK for close addresses for things too large for usps to be competitive. Register for an account to see savings. I registered through an affiliate link with my insurance carrier and got a decent rate. 

When more than a few lbs, I find fedex to be really competitive. I registered online and ended up with quite a few perks once their customer service person called me. 

The shipper i print usps labels through, goshippo.com, sometimes has promos for joining. Their pricing tiers are similar to other online shippers, like endicia or stamps.com, but with It the monthly fees. 

WOW ! Those are some great insights- I'm going to have to research more of what you said because I'm not even sure how to register with any shipping company.  But this is great insight :) I"m just trying to finish research and development for my candles for now. Thanks so much for the suggestions  and I will use them to start when I'm ready to ship!