UV inhibitor - when to use

I have several candles of the same wax that are over a year old and they haven't faded at all without the use of any inhibitor.  Now, they don't receive any direct sunlight, so that probably helps with color stability, but they are pastel in the first place, so it wouldn't really matter if they did fade a little.  I personally don't think it's much of an issue unless you are making dark/bright colored candles. 

3 hours ago, birdcharm said:

I have several candles of the same wax that are over a year old and they haven't faded at all without the use of any inhibitor.  Now, they don't receive any direct sunlight, so that probably helps with color stability, but they are pastel in the first place, so it wouldn't really matter if they did fade a little.  I personally don't think it's much of an issue unless you are making dark/bright colored candles. 

Thank you for your help! =) I make all white candles - i forgot to mention that - I am concerned with them yellowing, mainly if I start getting whole sale accounts. Is this something I should be concerned with?

I see, the wax can age or yellow over time.  I don't really know if that's a very big deal to most people.

What I'm wondering is what is it?  2-(2-Hydroxy-3, 5-di-tert-amylphenyl) benzotriazole

How much is used?  I don't think it's a natural ingredient ... gee, I'm not sure about this.

MSDS