So sad!

OMG in all the years I have made candles this has never, ever happened to me!!!  I am testing new jars (which are amazing) and I could not believe it when I went to check on it.  Have I just been lucky all this time LOL?  It is Northwood Wax (decided to try it while waiting for the new EcoSoya) with a 777 Premier wick and A&F Fierce oil from Aztec.  Trying again tonight with wood wicks.  I think they would look really good in these new jars.

I am usually so good at picking out wicks...kicking myself in the butt...big ole dumbo.

Ooops.jpg

14 hours ago, njcurley said:

Definite tunneling.  I'm doing new ones now.  I'm just mad at myself for being so stupid.  The wick was too small.  I was just so excited to try our new jars.

LOL Wrong wicks don't make you 'stupid' and the fact that you are checking/testing is a GOOD thing. Don't be so hard on yourself. 

This is why it's so important to test. 

• Like 1

I'm not personally familiar with Premier wicks (i.e., have never used them), so I had to look these up -- now, from the chart that I found, it would appear that those should work, so maybe the recommendations are off a bit.  How are you supposed to be able to guess at the sizing when a chart shows about eight different sizes for the same candle type & diameter?     Chart page

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdcharm said:

I'm not personally familiar with Premier wicks (i.e., have never used them), so I had to look these up -- now, from the chart that I found, it would appear that those should work, so maybe the recommendations are off a bit.  How are you supposed to be able to guess at the sizing when a chart shows about eight different sizes for the same candle type & diameter?     Chart page

I know!  I actually started using them for my old jars because the Eco 14 was just a bit too big and the next size down was just a bit too small and the Premier 777 is actually perfect for those jars.  Since the diameter of this jar is not that much bigger than the old jars didn't think it would be this much of a problem!  Oh well, live and learn. I poured two new candles last night and used a large wood wick in one and an extra large in the other and fingers crossed that one of the two will work.

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Some of the issue could be the fragrance. A few of my fragrances need to be wicked up dramatically.

Thought of that too.  I had poured 4 candles, 4 different fragrances so tried to burn all 4, and all 4 tunneled.  I think the jars are just odd.  But I will win this battle!