Rename fig tree?

jbradshaw

I love this FO from candlescience - but I don't think it smells like Fig and I was trying to think of a different name that is more evocative of the scent. But I'm coming up dry...

CS's description:

It's a little earthy, a little clean, a little sweet - very sophisticated - you need to try it!

This fragrance is infused with natural essential oils, including grapefruit, patchouli, orange, and lemon.

Note Profile:
Top: Citrus
Middle: Fig
Base: Woody

To me, it's very well blended - no particular note stands out. Slightly sweet, slightly musky...I've been driving myself nuts on this one, literally sitting here taking occasional sniffs to get inspired. Help? 

I use quite a bit of fresh figs and to me they don't really have a smell to them. I prefer the Mediterranean Fig FO from CS. My favorite though is 

fig  + rosemary from WSP. They also have a yummy Fig n vanilla. Cant wait to see how you rename it :) 

• Like 2

I love the name Eden! I live in Utah though, so I try to stray away from anything that could be considered religious - Salt Lake is sort of a strange place culturally, and until I'm more familiar with what my customers respond to I'm keeping it secular.

I decided to go with (at least for now) calling it Rooted. I fell down the google rabbit hole and ended up reading an NPR story about how Italian families in America will bury fig trees during the winter so they survive the cold. In the spring, they dig them up and the trees take root again and produce figs. 

Anyway, I'm going to try it - pretty earthy and I'm hoping it will be intriguing enough that people pick it up to see what the scent is. 

Moonstar, fig and rosemary and Fig and vanilla sound lovely! I also have a sample of the Med Fig from CS but haven't used it yet. I'll have to get it in wax once I finish up with this craft fair. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2017 at 3:56 PM, jbradshaw said:

I love the name Eden! I live in Utah though, so I try to stray away from anything that could be considered religious - Salt Lake is sort of a strange place culturally, and until I'm more familiar with what my customers respond to I'm keeping it secular.

I decided to go with (at least for now) calling it Rooted. I fell down the google rabbit hole and ended up reading an NPR story about how Italian families in America will bury fig trees during the winter so they survive the cold. In the spring, they dig them up and the trees take root again and produce figs. 

Anyway, I'm going to try it - pretty earthy and I'm hoping it will be intriguing enough that people pick it up to see what the scent is. 

Moonstar, fig and rosemary and Fig and vanilla sound lovely! I also have a sample of the Med Fig from CS but haven't used it yet. I'll have to get it in wax once I finish up with this craft fair. 

Love the Med Fig from CS! I normally cut it 50%/50% with a "Sugar" FO (Pink or brown sugar). THe fig tree is nice as well but I'm with ya on the name, it smells NOTHING like a fig tree! The Fig trees in Florida don't smell ANYTHING like that, to be honest it DEPENDS on WHERE you smell them fig trees at... (PERSONALLY I'd stick to sniffing above oh... say DOG height...)  

But for a name... You know reading your comment and the rabbit hole and then you mentioned Utah, and my mind went to a desert and then I thought of Umbrella Corp and That made me think of Resident Evil which made me think of Grace Slick... o.O WHAT to CALL THIS!? Go ask Alice... I think she'll know...THAT'S IT!

"ASK ALICE" 

(Dang... I really should go into the business of naming stuff...) 

Sponiebr: The Executor of Bad Ideas, Sundry Services and Magnate of Whaddyacallit...

PS: I took BOTH the red pill and the blue pill TOGETHER... I'm doing MUCH better now... :laugh2:

Edited by Sponiebr

I might just have to go and order Mediterrean Fig from CS....Sounds nice and being that it is a CS fragrance it has to be nice as their oils are always top notch....And I just got an order from them the other day.

Sorry can't help you with a name JB as I'm horrible when it comes to names.  

Trappeur

• 2 weeks later...