Anyone double wicking 11oz tureens with 464?

4 minutes ago, Forrest said:

I have 10 Lbs of 464 I need to use up and I would like to make some double wicked 11 oz tureen jars. I have several sizes of ECO wicks and was thinking of trying ECO 6.

How wide are the tureens? Eco burn super hot. Double wicking acts more like a triple wick in a container, so I'd wick down far more than you would think.

One time if you check back and do a search there was a big conversation on wicking these jars as they are a real bugger.  I love those jars but I never did perfect the wicking.   I was testing cd's and another person was doing ecos.  As Tall Tayle said, I found the eco's to burn too hot.   There is a lot of waste when you get to the bottom of that jar and you have some pretty deep shoulders on that jar which is going to hold in the heat.  I really think you could use 1 wick on that jar, but I'm not sure what size.  If that were me and being that I'm a cd gal and at times use htps, I would maybe try 1 htp 83 or a cd 14....If going with cd's which I do a heck of a lot of double and triple wicking myself, I would go with 2 cd 4's to start with.  You've actually got me enticed to get back out the tureen jar and start testing again as I really like that jar.  Good luck and let us know how it goes for you.

Trappeur