Anyone here making soy candles before 1994?

1 hour ago, Lighten Up said:

I've been using CDs since the beginning.

Same here. But it just doesn't throw anywhere near as well as it should or used to. Have been testing other wick series like Rrd l X and HTP to see if any of those are more forgiving of this new 415. 

The CD wicks in this 415 behave strangely. They practically fold over on themselves.

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Same here. But it just doesn't throw anywhere near as well as it should or used to. Have been testing other wick series like Rrd l X and HTP to see if any of those are more forgiving of this new 415. 

The CD wicks in this 415 behave strangely. They practically fold over on themselves.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for any strange behavior.

We have at least 4 more days of extreme heat before I can really dive into testing these. It's cooling off nicely at night tho, so it's possible I can get one good burn in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2017 at 7:01 PM, Lighten Up said:

After speaking with AAK and learning how the wax is processed, I finally ordered my pallet of 415. AAK did send me some wax to try, and I have started testing it, and so far(knock wood), see no significant differences. Hopefully, my pallet will be the same.

@TallTayl  Maybe @Lighten Up has info on what AAK is doing differently with the soy.  (You mentioned bleaching in another thread.)

GoldieMN

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, GoldieMN said:

@TallTayl  Maybe @Lighten Up has info on what AAK is doing differently with the soy.  (You mentioned bleaching in another thread.)

GoldieMN

Just an update here. 

I do not know anything about bleaching, that was never mentioned.

This wax is NOT the same, it is very fussy: pouring temp, bubbles, etc. I am still getting a good hot throw, thankfully. I am wicking 1 -2 sizes down on everything except one fragrance that wants to wick up. Crazy time here.

2 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

@Lighten Up Good to hear about your hot throw.  So you are using CDs and 415.  Which fragrance did you have to wick up on?  I have been having problems with two apple oils from Rustic Escentuals--McIntosh & Apple Pumpkin Streudel; but, I only wicked down with my 464.

GoldieMN

Both of my apples tested so far are wicking down. My problem is CS Lilac, it's bizarre, I'm just going to wick it in my last years wax for this order, then replace it with Lavender on my fundraisers. I am so over this season already.