Just found out 4794 votive wax has been discontinued D:

That was my faaaaaaavorite votive wax, and I prefer votives over larger candles.  Have you guys found anything as good to replace it?  I'm a little heartbroken as I used that for years, it was the very first type of wax at all that I ever purchased, and I'm at the bottom of my last of it.  Aaaaaargh!    :(   #firstworldproblems

No I hadn't heard that. That's awful. Almost everyone I know who uses paraffin to make votives, uses that wax... I used it in my votive blend mix to make my votives, and only have a tiny bit left. I better see if I can buy a case somewhere fast... 

Can you tell me where you heard that? I just called my contact at IGI and she hadn't heard, but she's kind of low on the totem pole, so she may not know and works more on the petroleum side of things and not necessarily with the different waxes... 

I saw it on a retailer's site.  I'm so discombobulated now I don't remember which one, but I'll try to find it.  I'm reeeeeeeally hoping that was wrong or I misunderstood something! 

It's on Peak's site:  http://www.peakcandle.com/products/Votive-Blend-IGI-4794-CASE__PW1011.aspx

When I get home tonight I'm going to inventory how many wicks I have for that specific wax and try to buy just enough to go with the wicks, because after that it will be testing new combos.  TallTayl, I saw that on BA too.  Hoping everybody doesn't go buy it out before I can do my inventorying and ordering.  Thanks for the coupon tip!

Maybe just Peak is discontinuing it, because there are several other suppliers that make no mention of it being discontinued, and they all have plenty in stock. 

Honestly I think Peak is trying to leave the wax supplier business, but that's just my personal opinion. 

5 minutes ago, coconut said:

I preferred Astorlite V (4641a)  over 4794. Pelleted wax, no shrink  & great throw. 

Is that wax around anymore either? I don't think it is since Astorlite is a defunct company now too. (and has been for several years, after IGI bought them out) 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Maybe just Peak is discontinuing it, because there are several other suppliers that make no mention of it being discontinued....

OK, we're going to go with this.  :)

Update:  I had emailed IGI this morning, because the wax was also gone from their site.  I just got a reply that it was not discontinued, they don't have all their waxes listed on their site now, and I could try Aztec.

Whew, mini crisis averted.....

5 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Bulk apothecary has it in stock. Savings10 is the typical coupon I use for 10% off.

could it be your supplier is out and choosing not to restock?

Hey, since you're an administrator can you completely delete this whole thread?  I started it because of that comment on Peak's page that it was discontinued, but since I later found it really isn't I don't want anybody else panicking about losing their favorite votive wax.  And it's a waste of time for anybody to read this since we now know it's not discontinued.

I wouldn't delete it Darbla. It's information others might find useful, especially if they're buying from Peak or wherever is discontinuing it. They'll know it's not a complete discontinue and have other options to find it. 

• Like 1