Online Labels and label printing programs

Hey gang, Have been I'll again and ended up in hospital for 4 days about 2 weeks ago, so I haven't been on here lately.

I am ordering some labels from online labels. My question is do I also need to order a label printing program also and if so, what programs do you recommend. I've never printed labels so this is new to me. I want something that will print beautiful print and colors and designs. Thanks so much and any suggestions you may have. Pam

On 6/18/2017 at 6:11 PM, earthfriendly said:

Hope you're feeling better.  Online labels has a great label designer program called Maestro label designer.  You can create and design your own labels.  I love this program.  Check it out and see what you think.;)

Thank you, I will :)

Maestro comes free for 3 months with any purchase from Online Labels. It is a basic label program but should suit your needs. 

Having nice, beautiful labels also depends on your printers capabilities. You are sort of limited to what your printer at home can do. If you plan on doing labels at home for the time being, I would suggest investing in a good printer. Ink is expensive as all heck and getting your labels to line up perfectly was the fruatrating part for me. I got them to turn out fairly decent after I purchased a high DPI laser printer. Before that they just looked poor quality and I wasnt satisfied. In the end however, I gave up printing at home and went to a local print shop instead. I purchased Adobe Illustrator and made my labels through that program. The final tally per label will be around $.90 per label. Which after you factor in buying your blank labels, time setting everything up and most importantly ink, it isnt much more per label for me and now they have a professional look.

My long winded point being, dont hesitate to stop in to a local print shop, explain your needs and see what they say. You may be surprised at what you find out. Good luck Pam!

What kind of labels are you thinking of? Black and white, rustic, color, etc? shiny white, matte, Kraft? Shaped (circles, rectangles, squares?) toooooo many questions to recommend a solution :D 

i use Microsoft products to design and create all of my labels and literature related stuff, and GIMP (a photoshop-type  freeware) to create the graphics.

labelsByTheSheet and OnlineLabels each provide a Word template and a PDF template. If you are good at desktop publishing you can have a blast with labels! 

My old Brother color Laser printer does fine for what I need. And is economical. I ope it never dies. 

Sometimes I use Publisher and another old program called Scrapbook Factory, but most times I use the trusty  Avery Design and Print online!  It's free and I believe you

just need to sign in with an email to get started with that.  But, I mostly buy Avery Labels, so it works for me.